A butts report!

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

Re: A butts report!

#11 Post by hitchphil »

Nice report Gaz & yep apologies for not calling more message 10s & stand downs. Being a new club we are bottom heavy on inexperienced shooters still working things out, so us experienced bods are busy & not thinking of U poor markers........ Also agree the radios are not that great. So yep I do have a pair of PMRs so will bring them next time & leave in the van to use.

Marking was good, steady, smooth & kept up with the firers so big thanks.

Having worked butts when last made redundant I too observed the behaviour code of some NRA hired lads & was similarly not impressed. We have also had 2 or 3 shoots substantially affected by the marker or their lack of ability / credibility. So the next ruse is our local scout explorer pack 2-3 Explorers marking means the club saves £50 / day that can be converted in to 100 rnds privi ammo for them to shoot with. Make them Hon members & they mark to earn their range / ammo time whilst learning & serving probationary. Then as members they can work their range time or share it. I think we will get a better std of service for slightly less cost (& ~£5 less to the tax man!) & its more a benefit to the sport / Scouts / Club = win / win / win ……..
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?