BR 18th August

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: BR 18th August

#11 Post by meles meles »

Ooh, we've never seen an albino walrus shoot afore...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Ovenpaa

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

1066 wrote:Although I have seen no evidence, I wonder if the bullets might hold together better through a barrel with rachet rifling. I have a feeling that they don't engrave so deep - My Shilen barrel is certainly sweet to shove a patch through but I've never pushed them hard enough to fall apart.
Christel uses a TruFlight barrel and it was a first for the .22 today to have the normally robust SMK's blow like this however it was a warm day. I was watching Christel shoot and she was not showing any real over pressure signs. I must admit I was getting worried and eventually stopped after having to clout the bolt handle on the S&L on two consecutive shots to open it. This with loads that I shoot three position and should be very safe.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#13 Post by 20series »

well I enjoyed my day apart from the sunburned legs and minor de-hydration :cheers:

and "tarts handbag" is a bit harsh :55:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#14 Post by 20series »

meles meles wrote:Ooh, we've never seen an albino walrus shoot afore...
they're slightly red now
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Ovenpaa

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

Despite drinking water all day I still went home with a headache and drank a fair few glasses of water when I got home, followed by some SA Red.. (Well at GBP20 for 9 litres who is arguing)

Tarts handbag... Hmmm... you have to admit is is a bit blingy.. :grin:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
meles meles

#16 Post by meles meles »

ovenpaa wrote: eventually stopped after having to clout the bolt handle on the S&L on two consecutive shots to open it...

EEEK !

Now we knows why we shoot military surplus canned bangs in old re-1939 rifles with rattley chambers...
Badger
Badger Korporashun

Ovenpaa

#17 Post by Ovenpaa »

I was not happy hence I stopped. The whole action and barrel was very hot at this stage and I was trying to chamber and shoot in 2-3 seconds maximum.
/d

Shed Journal
meles meles

#18 Post by meles meles »

*picks up tankard of Owd Peculiar and begins to reminisce of the days spent behind the butt of a GPMG in Mesopotamia, firing 5 round bursts in +54 C heat with nary an issue....*
Badger
Badger Korporashun

Ovenpaa

#19 Post by Ovenpaa »

1000 mile days on a motorbike in +50C was fun, we used to fuel up every 300 miles and I would drink as much water as I could and empty the rest over my head and in my motorbike helmet. At 100mph lifting the visor was akin to putting your face into a hot air blower.

Downside is I would take on several litres of water every day and still not stop for a pee until it got dark, I doubt I would attempt such rides these days.
/d

Shed Journal
meles meles

#20 Post by meles meles »

*swigs another pint*

"Did we mention the time when Badger Korporashun launched a mission to explore the surface of the sun? We had to line our shoes with tinfoil of course because of the heat..."

troutslapping
Badger
Badger Korporashun