What is your favourite shooting accessory?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Ovenpaa

Re: What is your favourite shooting accessory?

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

Good accessory! ;)

I think you are incredibly lucky to have a partner that shoots and I see no reason why he would not take the load regardless. I have enough to lug to the firing point but that does not mean that I am not keeping an eye on Christel as well, we are constantly appraising our kit to see how we can make life easier. I always do my best to help her carry some of her gear to the point and I think/hope all husbands would do the same regardless of medical conditions. How is the reloading bench coming on, you must have lots of new and interesting things with that!
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
HeatherW762

#12 Post by HeatherW762 »

Just about to go up and put another coat of varnish on it :)

Have also submitted shopping list of bits, all bar the press anyway. Have a birthday this month so am hoping to get that as a pressie!

Heather
Anson Deeley

#13 Post by Anson Deeley »

A large 6" Carabiner that I put though the hocks of a deer to carry them. Gripping is the problem, not the weight, especially in wet weather. I have bought 2 spares as I'd hate to be without one now. I think it was mainly intended for carrying several shopping bags. They were a quid each ! I find it priceless.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#14 Post by Mike357 »

Ovenpaa, I know what you mean. I am wary of wearing any type of camouflage when on the range as not to give out the wrong message lol. Which is a pity as I want a pair in Multicam.

Heather that's really cute.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Ovenpaa

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

I would not wear such things to Bisley that is for sure!

My local club has a more relaxed attitude to apparel and my Marpat and Belleville boots are positively subdued in comparison to some gear I see. I shot with the Danish Army last year and apparently every time I walked off they quizzed Christel about why was a Brit shooting in Denmark and who was I. Hehe.... at least they invited me back for a return match this year so whatever impression I left cannot have been that bad :D
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#16 Post by Alpha1 »

You are so lucky to have partners who share your interest in shooting.
When ever I bring the subject up with my wife wonder full person that she is in all other respects and I would not swap her for the world.
Her answer is always the same no thank you I would rather stick pins in my eyes.
Robin128

#17 Post by Robin128 »

Well, if they don't like putting holes in paper or fox then next best thing is always approving purchase of new guns.

STMBO doesn't moan about me shooting, I don't moan when she goes shopping.

:)

Rob
Alpha1

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

She is not bothered about me going shooting she is glad to get me out of the house she just dont want to get involved her self.