Sun 20th May at Bisley

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

John25

Re: Sun 20th May at Bisley

#11 Post by John25 »

DanTheMan wrote:Hopefully the electronic targets should be back at the end of the month - they were good before some scumbag stole the last lot :(

Email to Range Office this morning:-

Electronic Targets.

Good morning all from sunny (I lie) Plymouth.

Are 'we' still planning to put them back into action?

Is there any 'latest news'?

Thanks

John

Reply this afternoon

No

:bad:
Dangermouse

#12 Post by Dangermouse »

That is a shame I found them quiet useful for a bit of shooting by myself at distance,

DM
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#13 Post by DanTheMan »

ovenpaa wrote:Are they refurbishing and repairing the old ones Dan?
The old ones were stolen - we were booked to shoot on them the morning they were found missing - the radio comments between the butts and range office was an eye opener when they all they found was snipped wires.

I presume replacements are on order, the fact that they are being re-installed was passed down from someone at the recent NRA Shooting Commitee Meeting.
Ovenpaa

#14 Post by Ovenpaa »

My understanding is the acoustic pickups were stolen, if this the case it seems very odd, are they of any practical value to anyone? They are not exactly the sort of thing you punt down the local car boot sale.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#15 Post by shugie »

ovenpaa wrote:My understanding is the acoustic pickups were stolen, if this the case it seems very odd, are they of any practical value to anyone? They are not exactly the sort of thing you punt down the local car boot sale.
Perhaps the twerps that stole them don't know that though, I don't know what they look like, but if they resemble something valuable some lowlife will chance taking them. Amazing that the cable didn't go as well, can't have been the scrap metal brigade at work then.
Careful now/that sort of thing
John25

#16 Post by John25 »

The initial investigation into the loss was handled by ****

And subsequently by the Constabulary.

**** 's findings were inconclusive.

I have not seen the full report.

I have my own views which I am too afraid to publish on this forum for fear of upsetting somebody (or do I mean nobody?)

Please don't tell anyone I posted this as I don't want any more sleepless nights.

;)

PS. Thought for the day:-

If you go through life without upsetting someone, you never stood up for anything.