What are you going to take up to replace shooting?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
BamBam

Re: What are you going to take up to replace shooting?

#11 Post by BamBam »

Conkers.
Chapuis

#12 Post by Chapuis »

I'm sorry if this offends but I am disgusted with the defeatist mindset of you all. Shame on you all.

In my lifetime I have had my main sport which was pistol shooting stolen from me, and I've even been deprived the use of self loading rifles. Enough is enough and if we suffer any more ridiculous draconian restrictions on shooting then I shall be telling them to shove it where the sun doesn't shine and will be moving to a country where I can continue to enjoy the sport that is my only real interest.
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

To be offended = snowflake mentality.

I am not a snowflake :)

If my body did not feel like a 90 year old these days I would go back to mountain biking.

As it is I think it would be time to haul my cameras out.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#14 Post by GeeRam »

Chapuis wrote:I'm sorry if this offends but I am disgusted with the defeatist mindset of you all. Shame on you all.
Says the person who immediately says the following....
Chapuis wrote:Enough is enough and if we suffer any more ridiculous draconian restrictions on shooting then I shall be telling them to shove it where the sun doesn't shine and will be moving to a country where I can continue to enjoy the sport that is my only real interest.
Surely, that's an equally defeatist attitude?
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#15 Post by Geek »

GeeRam wrote:I think if comrades Corbyn and McDonnell etc end up running the country, loosing our ability to continue shooting will be the very least of our worries..........especially for those of us that are too old to escape to live in foreign lands... :cry:
I would agree.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
J4mes
Home club or Range: Classified

#16 Post by J4mes »

Difficult one, I have shot clays and game for 10 years now and recently took up target rifle shooting as it was something I could do without a group of mates, in evenings, away from home.

I'd like to rebuild a classic landrover, but I need a hobby away from the house so I dont get drawn away from it by family requirements.

God forbid I end up playing golf or any other sport. I'd rather not think about it to be honest!
Sim G

#17 Post by Sim G »

Revolution....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G

#18 Post by Sim G »

And for those not familiar with history, have a little look at the following. Almost 366 years to the day...

”It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!”

Oliver Cromwell to Parliament, 20th April 1653.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Chapuis

#19 Post by Chapuis »

:good: Good guy Cromwell. I always liked him, thank you Sim G.
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#20 Post by snayperskaya »

AL8 wrote:I would go back to pike fishing. .
Same here, I fished exclusively for Pike for years and miss the thrill of getting a take and not knowing how big it might be until you strike.

I used to do a lot of lure fishing on the Severn during the summer months and dead-baiting once the weather turned colder.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!