Phoenix Meeting NSC Bisley UK 2011

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa

Re: Phoenix Meeting NSC Bisley UK 2011

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

Dangermouse wrote:Hopefully Brian Fox will also be there, I got a good price rear bag from him last year and would like to see what actions he has for sale - not that I have any money after buying the Sightron.

HPS normally has a tent with re loading supplies, I wonder if I should give up on the Viht 550 and start using Viht 150 or 140? This would be the time to do it as I will be shooting most of the loads with Viht 550 during the comp,

DM
Brian does SEB bags which seem good and his are well priced (Which reminds me, I need a bag of my own) N140 supplies seem a lot better than say 2-3 years ago and I have seen a few people quoting under GBP60/kg. My preference for the heavier bullets would be N550 DM, I have never tried N150 so could not comment.

We need to make a call on what to load the new rifle with, it is going to be N560 or H4831SC or maybe even H4350. We have the first two in the house and I am a great believer in feeding European rifles with European loads so it may well be N560 that is used first.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dave 101

#12 Post by Dave 101 »

re: food , catering , bars at the Phoenix .

I know theres Jenny's burger bar , any one know if there is other refreshments available as I will be going along with the family or will we need to bring a picnic ?

Dave
Ovenpaa

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

There is the pavilion as well...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#14 Post by Christel »

The Pavillion, that is where all the stalls are and food and drinks are served in there.

It is solid food, however one is not to be picky when eating their food. It is beans, bacon hardly fried, chips, salad...you know the sort of thing.

There is normally an ice cream van somewhere.
johngarnett
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#15 Post by johngarnett »

Re food.
London and Middlesex and Artists Clubs will probably do a range of food and both have good bars and gardens.
A picnic on 1200yd point on Stickledown sounds good but only if not raining!
JohnG
HeatherW762

#16 Post by HeatherW762 »

The clays cafe also does some good food especially breakfast!

Heather
Ovenpaa

#17 Post by Ovenpaa »

Are you shooting Heather?
/d

Shed Journal
HeatherW762

#18 Post by HeatherW762 »

No, I don't compete in GR & BP - that's my fun stuff - although that may change when I get my Colt 1911, just need to find time to go get them :cry:

Also as they don't separate F Open from F/TR in the Phoenix, there's no point in doing that - waste of ammo.

Heather
Ovenpaa

#19 Post by Ovenpaa »

Have you not go that Colt yet, did they run out of pink paint? If it is any consolation Christel is STILL waiting for her variation to come through for the 6.5-284 :(
/d

Shed Journal
HeatherW762

#20 Post by HeatherW762 »

Variation came through in 10 days - would have been quicker if I had remembered to send in my FAC - Doh! However, plain haven't had the time to get down to Dorset to pick them up. Hoping to contact Richard this week & book a visit down soooooon.

Heather