Anyone got the TSC Long Barrel 1911 pistols?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Swifty Boy

Re: Anyone got the TSC Long Barrel 1911 pistols?

#11 Post by Swifty Boy »

If you fancy one of these there is one for sale on the four islands forum. £500 with a load of extras, seems like a good deal.
Sparks stu
Home club or Range: / Bicester rifle and pistol club / bisley

#12 Post by Sparks stu »

I've had one for nearly a year and I'm very happy with mine
I had a few teething problems but they were sorted by rich at the tunnel range and now it's fine with no problems really enjoyable to shoot and quite accurate .
sharps4065
Home club or Range: NRA, HBSA, MLAGB, UKPSA, SSBPCRCGB, Headley Park R&P Club, Havant R&P Club

#13 Post by sharps4065 »

I must be just born unlucky :cool2: I've had nothing but problems with mine since day one.

C
techguy

#14 Post by techguy »

sharps4065 wrote:I must be just born unlucky :cool2: I've had nothing but problems with mine since day one.

C
Try an uprated recoil spring, and polishing up the slide and mating surfaces. Mine was fine when I got it, but after 500 rds gave me nothing but problems. Doing the above has made it flawless since. If you don't want to do the work yourself, speak to Andy at Masterclass Custom guns, and he'll be able to sort it out for you http://www.customguns.co.uk/

Had one oddball moment at the Bisley PP match, where the round tried to feed in at an odd angle and got stuck costing me valuable seconds on my last stage. Putting that down to the extended capacity followers/uprated mag springs/fat fingering the mag loading/other as it's only happened once in 10 months...
sharps4065
Home club or Range: NRA, HBSA, MLAGB, UKPSA, SSBPCRCGB, Headley Park R&P Club, Havant R&P Club

#15 Post by sharps4065 »

Done all that.

Sat for with JB bore cleaning compound in the rails racking it (like we did back in the day with real 1911's), slick and smooth now. Both slides! Had to have the first one replaced 'cos the slide release notch was getting chewed and the slide nipped the back of an empty mag so it wouldn't drop - the second slide is doing it now too. CW Accessories upgraded spring and guide. New comp bushing so the barrel doesn't slop around like a sausage being thrown up the Mersey tunnel like the original bushing. Radiused the upper edge of the breech face and chamber. Boresnake though it every 50 shots or so. ZR followers and springs in the mags (5) and what's the problem? This....

Happens at least a couple of times a mag, all mags. Blazer, Mini-Mag, Rem Golden Bullet. Every HV I've tried. Ithappens less frequently with standard velocity but I have no confidence in it anymore.

Frustration is not the word!

C
techguy

#16 Post by techguy »

Does it do the same with standard followers? Do you have the original mag springs, or the uprated CWA springs?
sharps4065

#17 Post by sharps4065 »

Yup, old followers with old springs, new followers with new springs, old followers with new springs, new followers with old springs..... Someone I was chatting to on a FaceBook group said he had the same problem. He found taking the barrel shroud off reduced it drastically. Perceived wisdom says the shroud shouldn't make any difference but I'm going to try it next time at the range.
techguy

#18 Post by techguy »

The shroud shouldn't make *any* difference..but worth trying I guess.

I can't really think what would be causing it, other than the things you have tried already. I'll take a look at mine tonight, and see if I can think of anything else. Interestingly, this is pretty much what happened to mine in the PP comp, except it didn't get as far in the chamber as yours did in the above pic. A few people in my squad said they have had the same thing happen to them, but only rarely.
sharps4065

#19 Post by sharps4065 »

Are you using shortened mag followers? and HV ammo?
techguy

#20 Post by techguy »

Yes, I have the orange shortened followers, with the CWA springs. I only use CCI Minimags, and that's all I have ever used in it..