Pimping the BR99

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Dangermouse

Re: Pimping the BR99

#11 Post by Dangermouse »

Got my 5 x 10 round mags today, have not had a chance to try them yet - will have a go tomorrow when the wife is out!

There is a video on you tube of a guy who has converted the standard plastic foregrip to be a side charger. No idea how long it would last but it may be a way forward.

One of the first comments I read re the 10 round mags was that one fell out of a gun during a comp. Incidently it was the first time the gun had been used and the shooter won the comp. Apparently the first 10 round mags had the mag release hole a fraction too high and the catch was not engaging. All that is needed is to file a little from the bottom if the hole, if you get one.
The mag well is plastic so if they are tight it wont take much to remove any plastic that is rubbing.

For added consistency I have joined my top rail to the fore grip rail using a 3" 45 °picatiny rail. So I have the choice of adding a red dot should I chose to. I have a shoot this weekend and intend on just using the flip up sights as above. Ideally I would like a Vortex spitfire (x3) with a red dot on top, but that's money I don't have at the moment.

Other than what the name implies I don't know the difference, I suspect only radius will fit these but thats a guess. Mine is radiused and feels great,

DM
Ovenpaa

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

We had a delivery of 10 round magazines arrive at long last today. The huge box is now empty with all but two going to new homes in the morning.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dangermouse

#13 Post by Dangermouse »

Could not wait, just tried the 10 rounders.

They will not be falling out!

Much tighter than the 5 roud factory mags. I gave the well 2 mins with a hobby file and could feel a difference, but I will need to do a lot more before they fall free.
They fed ok, so no worries there,

DM
StangGT

#14 Post by StangGT »

I really like the look of these things! bangbang
Might have to be on my list once I have my paws on an FAC!
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

The mag falling out issue was with the 10rd MKA1919 magazines which people were having to use until the Bora ones began distributing. Its good to hear thats not an issue with the Bora ones, and more importantly, that they feed well!

I've seen the video of the guy who has made his own foreguard, he's also done a stock conversion, tongueout but annoyingly he never replies to comments on his Youtube videos :bad:

Looking forward to slinging a bit of lead later (hopefully) :shakeshout:
DVC
techguy

#16 Post by techguy »

So... how about importing some of these lowers, and swapping the parts over from the BR99 (The BR99 is the same as the pre XN version of the Akdal 1919)

http://www.sasfirearms.com/servlet/StoreFront
Ovenpaa

#17 Post by Ovenpaa »

My understanding is the BR99 lower is not the same as the pre XN version of the Akdal1919 and they will not interchange without some work. The good news is I have a BR99 lower in right now for measuring with a view to building lowers in 7075T6. These would include a larger magazine well with flared entry and provision for an AR15 stock and would include a rear tube.

I will build them if I can gain sufficient interest.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
John MH

#18 Post by John MH »

I think you would get interest.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#19 Post by Blackstuff »

John MH wrote:I think you would get interest.
Yes. Yes he would.

:shakeshout: :shakeshout: party2 bangbang :twisted: :good: :grin:
DVC
techguy

#20 Post by techguy »

YES YES YES!

Take my money! I know of someone else who would want one too..