Range report 9/6/12

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

essexboy

Range report 9/6/12

#1 Post by essexboy »

I attended a club shoot 900/1000 morning session, while the shooting went ok, this is mainly about the markers. 900 was on target 2 and all went well, I managed a 75-7 and a nice chat with the guys on target 1 who were shooting black powder cannons in 50-110 or something ( I shoot a 6mm dasher and the whole round would fit in there cases). On to target 15 for a 1000yds and the fun begins, to the left were some serious f ers with all the gear and to the right f/tr boys, I will state at this time the wind as we say in Essex givin it some. 1st shot down and sod it, no target movement, message 4 time, after what seemed like 30 mins the target comes back up showing a good hit, and so it carried on, we normally shoot 2/15, this time I gave up at ten because time was getting on and the rest of the club needed to shoot, I ended up with a 49-4.

Now on to the markers and the shooters on 14 and 16, while our marker was ultra slow he/she did manage to score a hit, even when on 3 occasions they did score me a 5 when I could see the shot was a dead central

In defence of the markers

Target 14 now known as all the gear no idea, don't blame the markers when you hit my sodding target and not your own, a marker can only Mark a hole in the target he/she is manning

Target 16 don't lay there accusing the markers of all types of things and swearing your heads off when your shots are landing somewhere in Kent.

Report finished

Steve
bobbob
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: Range report 9/6/12

#2 Post by bobbob »

We had a radio message from our marking saying that as he was short he couldn't mark anything above the black :roll:
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
Ovenpaa

Re: Range report 9/6/12

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Sounds like a good day all things considered.

Rule #1 - Be nice to the markers. I have shot next to someone who physically grabbed the radio from the RCO and threw so many F's into the marker I had to step in, it was just uncalled for. I have also been at the wrong end of poor marking but for the most they do OK.

I had a chat with some markers on Short Siberia one day who were getting hell from someone on the 200 point, they were getting marked accordingly and the more the shooter shouted down the radio the more they diligently patched his hole and then stuck the marker in 5" away.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal