Match Ammunition

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

ricky5042

Re: Match Ammunition

#21 Post by ricky5042 »

Thanks for the input guys :-) iv got some HPS ammo to try when next at the range.
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#22 Post by IainWR »

JonC

The NRA no longer buys back RUAG cases (we get enough for our purposes through the returns at the Imperial). John Carmichael (HPS) will, I believe, give you 5p each for them. Others may give you more. If you have them in quasi-industrial quantities, Fultons or the Surrey RA may be interested.

Iain
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#23 Post by IainWR »

In the cheaper commercial ammo stakes, the NRA usually sells GGG 7.62 NATO ammo. This has, I think, a 146 gr bullet. It comes from Lithuania and has performed satisfactorily (holds the bull) at 1000 yds. Currently we are out of stock - lots of people like it. The shipping costs are such that it is not worth buying unless in truly industrial quantities. We expect to have more in late July, when we have the capacity to store the large quantity we must buy having used a quarter of a million rounds of RUAG in the Imperial to create space.

The NRA currently has S&B .308Win ammo (from the Czech republic, I think) available, with a 147 gr bullet. This is not recommended for use beyond about 800 yards - it certainly is unreliable at 1000. However, one of our senior members (a retired Engineer) bought a box last weekend, weighed all the rounds, and fired them in weight order (the spread was quite large - about 4 grains). The results were impressive - about 1/2 min elevation spread at 300m on the electronic targets. S&B is available at 55p/round over the counter in more or less unrestricted quantities.

We also have small quantities of HPS .308Win ammo with 190 and 200gr Sierra bullets, a few hundred Lapua .308 Win 155gr at well over £1 each (but think what you pay for a new Lapua case!) and odd boxes of several other types of .308 / 7.62 x51 that we want to get rid of to tidy the shelves, and are open to offers on. For these, come in only when it's quiet.

End of shameless plug for NRA ammo sales.

Iain
Last edited by IainWR on Wed May 30, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JonC

#24 Post by JonC »

Cheers Iain. Spotted a list up on the wall when I was in the other week, maybe put a copy in the window to tempt punters in.