For Sale Italian BM59 Straight Pull Rifle in 7.62x51

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
PaulR

Re: For Sale Italian BM59 Straight Pull Rifle in 7.62x51

#11 Post by PaulR »

Sometimes I do wish I lived across the pond so I could own and shoot these modern day classics, sadly this is a straight pull version of L1A1. Saying that beggars can't be choosers and I am extremely pleased with the quality of the rifle and the few shots that I have put through it show that it has a lot of potential.

Anglo Custom Rifle recently made a batch but I doubt there are any left as they were going like hot cakes.

It's not run in yet and it's only laser bore sighted at the moment. I'm working up some loads for it and I'll hopefully I'll put those down range at the LERA Enfield Challenge this Sunday.

If any of you are attending, and see me with the L1A1, please say hi....maybe there'll be time for you to have a few pops.

:cheers:

Paul
Ovenpaa

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

Dirtbag of this forum is building one at the moment, last time I looked he had sourced an original sight and original L1A1 wooden furniture, he is a top chap and I am sure would love to compare notes on these.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#13 Post by Blackstuff »

PaulR wrote: Image
Thats more like it :twisted:
DVC
huntervixen

#14 Post by huntervixen »

2 wonderful rifles chaps, any extraction issues on either weapon guys?
PaulR

#15 Post by PaulR »

The only extraction problem I had was when I tried some NATO surplus through the L1A1. It is chambered for .308 but is supposed to have no problems with 7.62.

At a guess I would say that this is due to the chamber not being 'worn in' yet. It took quite a few 100 rounds for my Garand to be 'trained' to extract easily.

The BM59 is fine but then I'm using my own homeloads through that. :0037: :0037:
huntervixen

#16 Post by huntervixen »

Hi,

Just a thought, I wonder if one of the very rare .22lr semi auto kits made by Enfield would work in your L1A1?
huntervixen

#17 Post by huntervixen »

Another thought,

Considering the gas tube adds to the ridgidity of the fal and its many variants, how does your fal get on without it, or does it have some sort of brace in its place ?

Cheers, John.
PaulR

#18 Post by PaulR »

Hi John,

Apparently, the .22 kit will work as it is uses straight blowback and a much lighter two piece bolt. The kit as you say is ultra rare although I do know the wherabouts of one but he's unlikely to want to part with it.

Regarding the gas tube and rigidity, not sure that it does provide that much support as it has a certain amount of 'end float' within the retaining collars at either end.

Cheers

Paul
bobbob
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#19 Post by bobbob »

Bnz saw a chap firing a BM59 at Bisley on Saturday and had a thought that he'd seen it mentioned on the forum. Sure enough it was the very rifle in these pictures. Bnz, Dr. Strangelove and I spent ages chatting to Paul while he was trying to pack up. Bnz was all over the L1A1 as he has previous experience with them. Dr. Strangelove was quite taken with it too I think.

Nice to meet another friendly forum member.
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
HuBlPi

#20 Post by HuBlPi »

Is teh BM59 still for sale? Sure i saw it up for sale quite recently