Urban foxes-advice needed

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Mr_Logic

Re: Urban foxes-advice needed

#11 Post by Mr_Logic »

My solution is a silenced 22 lr and subsonics.
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#12 Post by meles meles »

A better solution all round might be bribery. Put out some tasty food in the neighbours' gardens: that way charlie gets his scran, the neighbours get a new pet and your garden gets left alone...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
whoowhoop

#13 Post by whoowhoop »

If you read the original post, it is because the neighbours feed the little darlings that there is a problem. Likely thing is that the affected garden is en route from home to dinner, or just taken as part of territory.
Unless you want a serious war with the neighbours, my advice is to not shoot or trap them, just deter them.
If you remove the riginal ones that are the problem, you are just inviting more to move in, as sure as eggs is eggs, the food will still be put down.
To remove foxes, and do it effectively, you really need the co-operation of most if not all the close neighbours.

In any case, non lethal methods must always be the first option in such cases.
Happy is he, who goes out for the amusement of himself, and not for the amazement of others
Meaty
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms.Thetford Gallery, STANTA, Barton Road

#14 Post by Meaty »

Thanks folks,
I will be popping down in a couple of weeks so I think a boot laden with chicken wire, tent pegs and tie wraps might be the order of the day.
"There are four boxes to be used in the defence of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."
froggy
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#15 Post by froggy »

Salut,
I used to have a big fox problem . They used to drag in bin foraged food and even a dirty nappy ...Yuk
My tiny garden is mainly covered by decking. I started to wash it from time to time with deluted Detol. It is a cheap product, it takes me abt 10 mns to brush the surface with detol -water, the smell is not unpleasant and it seems to have done the trick.
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Jenks

#16 Post by Jenks »

meles meles wrote:Shame brer Fox isn't so well organised as us badgers: he needs to get himself listed as a protected species...
meles meles..

There are some who would like to see Badgers lose their protected status :o :shock:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tions.html

Jenks
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#17 Post by meles meles »

We isn't amongst 'em !

*makes note to remind Propaganda Department to get lots more books featuring cute cuddly badgers into primary schools*
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
whoowhoop

#18 Post by whoowhoop »

As long as they ain't coughin'
Happy is he, who goes out for the amusement of himself, and not for the amazement of others
phaedra1106

#19 Post by phaedra1106 »

I have some very nice sub-sonic .308 ammo I made, with a decent mod it's almost silent :good:
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)