Accuracy International for FTR

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

pcon

Accuracy International for FTR

#1 Post by pcon »

Hi guy's and gal's,

I'm using an AI AE mk1 for FTR (just starting) and was wondering about saving weight (on the rifle as I'm F**KED!! :oops: ) is there a single shot follower or something for the AI instead of the 5 shot mag???

Question 2 - I'd like to lighten the trigger a little more as I have been spoiled with my 1 1/2 OZ trigger pull on .22 benchrest gun and keep getting what I would call false pulls - that is to say, when ready to fire, I squeeze and find ... I've to squeeze further ... I've lightened the trigger a far as I dare to ... but still a little too heavy ... no I don't want a 1 1/2 oz, but a little lighter than it is now... options please...

Thanks

pcon
http://blog.autismspeaks.org/2010/05/29/itow_procor/

Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
Ovenpaa

Re: Accuracy International for FTR

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Trigger - I got Mik at Dolphin Rifles to do a trigger job on mine, cost was around the GBP55-60 mark and it is spot on now. I would have thought making a magazine follower would not be too difficult, aluminium or maybe even plastic should do the job. I am curious now and will haul an AI/AE magazine out and have a look in the morning.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
pcon

#3 Post by pcon »

ovenpaa wrote:Trigger - I got Mik at Dolphin Rifles to do a trigger job on mine, cost was around the GBP55-60 mark and it is spot on now. I would have thought making a magazine follower would not be too difficult, aluminium or maybe even plastic should do the job. I am curious now and will haul an AI/AE magazine out and have a look in the morning.

Who let you out off the shed ... back to work and I'll have it in aluminium ... :good: :lol: doesn't seem to be one available commercially.

I must give Fergal a look at the trigger, what did Mik do?? polish the sear ??

Cheers

Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Aluminium eh? Would sir prefer it in the tactical black look or shiny (Tarts handbag) look... :lol:
I will take a look in the morning :good:

Mik does a polish and spring job and you get the old springs back. Have the shiny bits got to you and Fergal yet?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
pcon

#5 Post by pcon »

ovenpaa wrote:Aluminium eh? Would sir prefer it in the tactical black look or shiny (Tarts handbag) look... :lol:
I will take a look in the morning :good:

Mik does a polish and spring job and you get the old springs back. Have the shiny bits got to you and Fergal yet?

Not yet... Monday perhaps...

For me, it has to be Tarts handbag!!! :shifty:

:good:

Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

Pink it is :clap:
/d

Shed Journal
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#7 Post by 20series »

In answer to your mag well issue, i just use a piece of packing foam cut to size :wave: :good:

It weighs nothing and cost less

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
pcon

#8 Post by pcon »

20series wrote:In answer to your mag well issue, i just use a piece of packing foam cut to size :wave: :good:

It weighs nothing and cost less

Alan

Cool... I like it... :goodjob:

TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#9 Post by TattooedGun »

In response to the false pulls, get down and do some dry firing to get used to the trigger... nothing beats practise and when you can't practise at the range, practise at home without the bullets!
You don't need a new trigger, you just need to get used to that one :)