Elliot & Son, Gunsmiths. Chesterfield.

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

Elliot & Son, Gunsmiths. Chesterfield.

#1 Post by meles meles »

I bought a couple of rifles from Elliot's last week and was very impressed with their service. The rifles I bought were a fair price and the service excellent. Whilst I was waiting for the paperwork to be filled out I started to browse along one of the shotgun racks where their better guns were kept. The owner wandered over and unchained a few of them for me to look at despite knowing that I hadn't got a shotgun certificate and then spent the better part of an hour explaining to me the finer points of the English side by side, the difference between a First, Premium and Best gun, which makers were currently undervalued and which were over-priced by the market. I left knowing far more than when I arrived. A highly recommended purveyor of bangsticks to the badgery.
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Ovenpaa

Re: Elliot & Son, Gunsmiths. Chesterfield.

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

They are within a few hundred yards of where my Daughter lives, I lived in Chez for 10+ years and visit my parents many times a year yet I never knew it existed. On the subject of Chesterfield there is a reasonable reloading shop within a mile or two that was doing some very keen deals on Viht last year. Not sure if they are still going these days so I need to look them out next time we are up.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Fullbore

Re: Elliot & Son, Gunsmiths. Chesterfield.

#3 Post by Fullbore »

ovenpaa wrote:They are within a few hundred yards of where my Daughter lives, I lived in Chez for 10+ years and visit my parents many times a year yet I never knew it existed. On the subject of Chesterfield there is a reasonable reloading shop within a mile or two that was doing some very keen deals on Viht last year. Not sure if they are still going these days so I need to look them out next time we are up.
I was born there (Chesterfield, not the gun shop), still have an Aunt & 2 lazy layabout cousins living there, probably 8 years since I've been there and I too didn't know there was a gun shop.