Carl Gustafs 6.5 x 55

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

Carl Gustafs 6.5 x 55

#1 Post by HeatherW762 »

Hi,

The NRASC was donated two firearms, one of which we will use & have kept, the other is surplus to requirements so as the subject says - CG 6.5 x 55 for sale £400. I've had Fultons look at it and it is in original state but cannot tell how good the barrel is without shooting it. The woodwork & accessories appear to be in very good condition. It's available to view via the Range Office at Bisley and I have taken some pictures. They are too big to attach so email me if you want to see them - memsec@nra.org.uk

Many thanks
Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Dr. Strangelove

Re: Carl Gustafs 6.5 x 55

#2 Post by Dr. Strangelove »

Email sent!
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#3 Post by saddler »

...and so did I!!
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#4 Post by HeatherW762 »

Piccys sent.

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
targetman

#5 Post by targetman »

Mine is still in Fultons if you miss out................and it is the rare one with extra detachable forend and accesory rail for offhand shooting
Jenks

#6 Post by Jenks »

Purely out of interest, Carl Gustaf made a Sub calibre Adapter for their 84mm anti Tank gun chambering a 6.5x55mm round.

I notice that it is now made in 9mm, probably for indoor training

Jenks
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

Was that a green tipped 9mm tracer?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Jenks

#8 Post by Jenks »

Dave..

It certainly looked like it was a tracer round. I'm pretty sure they weren't around in my day or if they were The British Army didn't use them. Once again out of interest the Wombat 120mm anti tank recoiless rifle had a sub calibre Colt .5 semi Auto rifle mounted coaxially above the main armament it was fired by a bowden cable actuated by what looked like a bicycle brake lever. The idea was the operator would engage the intended tartget until it was hit by the sub calibre (a hit being observable by a p**f of smoke) where upon the operator would immediately fire the main armament the flame from the venturi made the guns position visible for miles so a second chance was unlikely and potentially very dangerous!

The main armament was fired electrically, and if I remember correctly the power was provided by a 1.5v battery.

http://www.militaryimages.net/photopost ... nk_gun.jpg

Apologies for digressing from the topic of the thread.

Jenks