303 die set advice wanted

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Flanker

Re: 303 die set advice wanted

#21 Post by Flanker »

Thanks Dromia, that's what I thought. Most ballistic tables I have seen leave me thinking that it should be possible to have a load that will consistently land within a 4 inch kill zone all the way out to 200m. That would do me. I do know of a 303 Sporter that's available but I need to sell my Alex Martin boxlock to free up the cash. I'm sure it'll happen eventually.
Alpha1

#22 Post by Alpha1 »

Thanks Dromia, that's what I thought. Most ballistic tables I have seen leave me thinking that it should be possible to have a load that will consistently land within a 4 inch kill zone all the way out to 200m. That would do me. I do know of a 303 Sporter that's available but I need to sell my Alex Martin boxlock to free up the cash. I'm sure it'll happen eventually.
Well good luck my freind I am sure Dromia will keep you on the straight and narrow as I said I know nothing about shooting Bambi. The only animal I have ever shot is with a camera.
Dr. Strangelove

#23 Post by Dr. Strangelove »

My stalking friend uses 125 or 150gn home loads, normally with IMR 4895. He'll get back to me with weights!