Colt .22 M4 Ops Carbine or .22 GSG5?

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Ovenpaa

Re: Colt .22 M4 Ops Carbine or .22 GSG5?

#21 Post by Ovenpaa »

Lyons wrote:update: gun arrived. Had a crack on the bolt carrier and then exploded after a few CCI rounds.......... have contacted the seller and also tried contacting yorkguns but their email doesn't seem to be working. THE JOYS!
That is not good at all, what is the broken part made out of? What I am getting at is is the broken part a pressure bearing part of a cover?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
John MH

#22 Post by John MH »

If it was a GSG5 its probably some monkey metal die cast alloy.
Lyons

#23 Post by Lyons »

dunno exactly what it is but it's pretty crap. it's a pressure bearing part on the side of the bolt. The seller hasn't replied since I sent him the pictures but can't see him giving me a refund quickly..... gutted. Ruined my weekend
Chuck

#24 Post by Chuck »

Don't faff about with emails, get something recorded delivery out too....and state clearly what the problem is and what you want done about it and by when (7 -10 days is adequate).

if you used it and there was already an apparent fault when you received it then you may be deemed to have accepted faulty goods by using them.....wouldn't worry too much about that right now.

Had a GSG5 a while back, treated it like the real thing and never had any problems with the bolt. Accurate it was not compared to my SGC V22 but it was a fraction of the price, you pays yer money etc.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Lyons

#25 Post by Lyons »

It's a private seller and he's stopped replying. I think I've got his number somewhere. Not sure if yorkguns will do anything about it. Was a long shot because they import them.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#26 Post by Mike357 »

I wouldnt mess about too long with this. If he doesn't reply to you in a fortnight then if you do want to take it further, crack right on with legal action. I'd also advise GT or wherever you bought if from so that they can't advertise again.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Lyons

#27 Post by Lyons »

I've spoken to my mate at trading standards. Yorkguns open tomorrow so will give them a shout then get on to the guy. No reply then it'll be going to small claims. So much hassle