6mm bullets for 6BR: 105gn LapScenars and 107gn Matchkings

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
tikkathreebarrels

6mm bullets for 6BR: 105gn LapScenars and 107gn Matchkings

#1 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

After living "in the wilderness" for the last 12 months, pretty much using bullets I had in stock and getting out of the habit of buying, I now find myself needing to replenish bullet stocks for my 6BR as per the header - 105gn LapScenars and 107gn Matchkings, at least 300 of each.

I'm out of the loop as to who's competitive and who isn't on bullets, whether I can still get non-expanding bullets through the post, whether there's any economic advantage in shipping them in from the USA - Brownells/Sinclair sprining to mind and whether there are import restrictions now on little lumps of shaped metal. Geographically, I need a 30 minute minimum drive to put me anywhere near a decent reloading supplier who I'd expect to price sensibly and I'm planning a trip to the Newark show and the simplest thing might be to check the lists of exhibitors and simply pre-order for collection.

Please guys, you're all more active than I've been. Where are the good deals at the moment? Does anyone have bullets as listed they need to offload? Send me a PM please if you've got anything by way of bullets to sell or advice as to who to avoid.

Thanks
Ovenpaa

Re: 6mm bullets for 6BR: 105gn LapScenars and 107gn Matchkin

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Have you looked at http://www.reloadinginternational.com/catalog/index.php - I have ordered fromt hem in the past so if you do decide to use them let me know and I can talk you through the process.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
tikkathreebarrels

#3 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

ovenpaa wrote:Have you looked at http://www.reloadinginternational.com/catalog/index.php - I have ordered fromt hem in the past so if you do decide to use them let me know and I can talk you through the process.
Thank you, I'll explore this later.
tikkathreebarrels

#4 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

ovenpaa wrote:Have you looked at http://www.reloadinginternational.com/catalog/index.php - I have ordered fromt hem in the past so if you do decide to use them let me know and I can talk you through the process.
Hi,

So, this firm's in the US: did you buy bullets and did you find them competitive when allowing the cost of shipping? Any issues with HMRC, import duties etc?

Thanks

Pete
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Yes they are competative for some bullets and are worth checking.

I wrote this a while ago:

They have set carriage rates so no point buying a single box of bullets, I keep adding to my order until the carriage rate jumps up a band and then drop back one, this can be anything up to 1100 bullets for me but this is dependant on weight/calibre of bullets.

Some of the most common brass is no cheaper via this company than buying from a well priced stockist over here so check the prices first.

You will be charged an extra 10% on the indicated prices to cover the export licence, they also need a letter stating that an import licence is not required for the UK. (For bullets and cases it is not) I wrote something to this effect, signed it and emailed it over and they were happy.

You will be charged VAT @20% plus a handling fee of GBP8.00 so factor this in.

Delivery is around 21 days for the first order as they need to get the permit in place, after that it is a lot quicker.

Reloading International are a great way of getting your hands on very competitively priced obscure bullets, this is how I got my 180 Hybrids.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal