valmount firearms

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

valmount firearms

#1 Post by the running man »

has anyone had dealings with this lot? i like their website, i like their stuff and fairplay to them for seeking the 1911 lbp bits,but have you seen the guys prices?????? the words astronomical and fleece-ing come to mind!!
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: valmount firearms

#2 Post by mr smith »

Bought a Boyds stock for my 10/22 from them,no problems.
Gun Pimp

#3 Post by Gun Pimp »

Daniel Valmont is a member of Diggle - very nice guy - sent me some 1911 bits when we were doing a review.
Vince
Scotsgun

#4 Post by Scotsgun »

Just had a peek at the website. I take it he doesn't have much competition in his area.

He's significantly more expensive than my local dealers. In one case a new 22 is over £100 more!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#5 Post by Mike357 »

Has had good feedback from folk on other forums.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#6 Post by the running man »

yeah ive heard hes a great guy,and he does very good work,but 42 quid for a sak moderator? £30 down my shop!! dont get me wrong ile still be using him for some of the 1911 bits and as said thank god the growing lbp crowd can now get some good bits for it so fairplay to that man, just tweek ure prices a little and ure gonna get more buisneiss!!! :goodjob:
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#7 Post by pe4king »

I have had dealings with him bought a couple of hundred quids worth of reloading components from him, he is very easy to deal with nice bloke, and one good thing he will ship powder and primers (with a copy of your FAC) this was useful during the time I was unable to leave the house (but could still reload) due to my accident.
I found his prices reasonable they cant all be the cheapest at everything can they.
I wouldnt hesitate to deal with him again.
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.