CZ 511

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Steve

CZ 511

#1 Post by Steve »

Not quite as accurate as a bolt perhaps,but reliable and perfect for bunnies.

Do or not do-there is no try.
Master Yoda
Dave 101

Re: CZ 511

#2 Post by Dave 101 »

What ammo do you use , doe it handle sub sonics OK ? Looks very tidy .

Dave
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#3 Post by M99 »

Steve

I used to like my 511 - very reliable - except for those damn magazines!! - I am sure somewhere I have 2 or 3 mags for the 511 - if I come across them (or when!) you are more than welcome to them

Mike
Steve

#4 Post by Steve »

Dave 101 wrote:What ammo do you use , doe it handle sub sonics OK ? Looks very tidy .

Dave

Mine has 'subsonic' stamped on the barrel so its made to use them with no problems,but will cycle normal velocity rounds too.I use Winchester subs which are accurate enough and cheap too.
Master Yoda
Steve

#5 Post by Steve »

MiLisCer wrote:Steve

I used to like my 511 - very reliable - except for those damn magazines!! - I am sure somewhere I have 2 or 3 mags for the 511 - if I come across them (or when!) you are more than welcome to them

Mike
Blimey-the holy grail of firearms...511 mags! They're rare as hens teeth!!! :lol:

I got two with the rifle,but if you do find them yes im intrested Mike.Biggest problem with the rifles are they're not made anymore so spares are thin on the ground.
Master Yoda
Sim G

#6 Post by Sim G »

Steve wrote:
Blimey-the holy grail of firearms...511 mags! They're rare as hens teeth!!! :lol:

New, factory mags, $38.00 each......

http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/catalog/ ... rifle.html
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Steve

#7 Post by Steve »

Sim G wrote:
New, factory mags, $38.00 each......

http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/catalog/ ... rifle.html
Sadly it says on their website they dont export.Too much trouble with customs. :bad:
Master Yoda
The trakker

#8 Post by The trakker »

I was lucky with mags , i bought a second tatty but good mechanical 511 with 4 mags, cleaned the wood up, oiled her, serviced her & sold her on for a wedge ,keeping 2 tatty mags & servicing them. both been 19 shotters :cheers:
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#9 Post by saddler »

The trakker wrote:I was lucky with mags , i bought a second tatty but good mechanical 511 with 4 mags, cleaned the wood up, oiled her, serviced her & sold her on for a wedge ,keeping 2 tatty mags & servicing them. both been 19 shotters :cheers:
As a fellow 511 owner I can add that these are a great little .22 semi - only let down by a low capacity std mag (8-rds)

They strip like an M1 Carbine, and mine is almost as accurate as my CZ452 bolt - some days I'd say there is little if any difference between the 2 of them.

BUT

19 shot magazines!!! :shifty:

PM me for my address

PLEASE :lol:
JonC

#10 Post by JonC »

I have one of these as well, my one favours eley subs. I picked up a spare magazine from Chris Potters in Kent, although that was a couple of years ago.