Lantac

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Lantac

#1 Post by Mike357 »

As I mentioned in another post, I popped in to Lantac today near Harrogate to have a look at their AR15 based Raven.

I was made to feel very welcome by Paul and Rob and they spent an hour showing me round the 22 Raven and it's 223 big brother. Even although I wasn't committing buying one there and then I was never hurried or made to feel like an incovenience.

As for the product, holy cow, these rifles have to be seen to be believed. I am no engineer and have only ever handled a Spikes before but the level of quality, attention to detail and overall package was amazing. I was like a kid in a sweet shop.

My drive from Harrogate to Scarborough to Newcastle and then back to Dundee consisted of me re-evaluating what I shoot in the coming years, compiling different variations in my head and deciding that serious F Class shooting might have to go on the back burner.

If you want an AR and given the situation with the other UK suppliers, there is only really one clear choice. Manufactured in the UK and with Border/Archer Barrels.

http://www.lannertactical.com/LANTAC-22 ... fless.html
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Ovenpaa

Re: Lantac

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

I am talking to Paul at the moment about something as well. :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
John MH

#3 Post by John MH »

Mike357 wrote:As I mentioned in another post, I popped in to Lantac today near Harrogate to have a look at their AR15 based Raven.

I was made to feel very welcome by Paul and Rob and they spent an hour showing me round the 22 Raven and it's 223 big brother. Even although I wasn't committing buying one there and then I was never hurried or made to feel like an incovenience.

As for the product, holy cow, these rifles have to be seen to be believed. I am no engineer and have only ever handled a Spikes before but the level of quality, attention to detail and overall package was amazing. I was like a kid in a sweet shop.

My drive from Harrogate to Scarborough to Newcastle and then back to Dundee consisted of me re-evaluating what I shoot in the coming years, compiling different variations in my head and deciding that serious F Class shooting might have to go on the back burner.

If you want an AR and given the situation with the other UK suppliers, there is only really one clear choice. Manufactured in the UK and with Border/Archer Barrels.

Possible use for such kit would be Civilian Service Rifle, given that discipline any thoughts?
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#4 Post by Mike357 »

John, CSR would be great but as there doesn't appear to be anything serious organised north of Diggle and that's the problem. The travelling then becomes as bad as F Class if not worse.

There are two informal club shoots that I know of at Vintage Arms Scotland and Cawdor.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
John MH

#5 Post by John MH »

They do shoot some CSR and PR at Diggle, plus although Bisley is a bit of a hike the CSR round count is a lot higher than F Class; only downside is you do have to pull targets in CSR/PR.
AR15

#6 Post by AR15 »

Mike357 wrote:As I mentioned in another post, I popped in to Lantac today near Harrogate to have a look at their AR15 based Raven.

Nice to have met you Mike
John MH

#7 Post by John MH »

Like the tag, across forums they can and do differ, is that you Kingconan?
AR15

#8 Post by AR15 »

Yes it's me John :)
baldie

#9 Post by baldie »

Mike,
Have a look at the Diggle calender when its published shortly. You will find there is at least one practical rifle comp per month, which attracts around 20 shooters each comp. Its a full days shooting and round count is usually around 120.