Well done Sanslem with the Europeans

News from the GB F Class Association.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
A section for GBFCA representatives to post news. Ask all your GBFCA questions in here.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Well done Sanslem with the Europeans

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Very good result Stuart :clap:

I assume/hope this was one of your own rifles, can you tell us more about the rifle itself and the recipe for success at an international competition?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: Well done Sanslem with the Europeans

#2 Post by 20series »

Yes well done Stuart, an excellent performance :goodjob:
Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#3 Post by Mike357 »

Congratlations Stuart, well done.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Gun Pimp

#4 Post by Gun Pimp »

ovenpaa wrote:Very good result Stuart :clap:

I assume/hope this was one of your own rifles, can you tell us more about the rifle itself and the recipe for success at an international competition?
Check out p54 of March 2011 Target Shooter - but, a shooter wins a comp. not a rifle!
Vince
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Very true Vince, especially on Stickledown, however it would be interesting to hear what Stuart runs as his own F/TR rifle.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mr_Logic

#6 Post by Mr_Logic »

Well done Stuart, great shooting!

Also well done to Jo Wright who I shoot with at Ibis - considering he was worried how well his rifle would perform due to high round count, shot like an absolute trooper.
Gun Pimp

#7 Post by Gun Pimp »

ovenpaa wrote:Very true Vince, especially on Stickledown, however it would be interesting to hear what Stuart runs as his own F/TR rifle.
Dave,

Here's the Top Ten shooters' Equipment list from the Europeans. (Hopefully!)

Vince
Attachments
TS Dec 11 Europeans FTR Equip.xls
(21 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
spud
Home club or Range: Grovesmall Arms

#8 Post by spud »

omg that vince bottomly built stuarts gun

well done stuart and gun pimp for a winning combination
ImageImage
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#9 Post by dromia »

Well done Sanslem, and Vince. :clap:

It takes a good shooter and a good rifle to make a winning team. :good:

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
sanselm

#10 Post by sanselm »

Thanks Guys, it was a great weekend and I am only just starting to recover, three days of drinking and eating I can manage it is the shooting that tires me out!

Vince very kindly sold me his gun a couple of weeks ago (actually I haven't paid him yet so I think I had better hide it in case he wants it back!) as he was going back to F Open. It is the same gun albeit with a new barrel that he should have won the Europeans with last year having led most of the way. It is the exact spec that I have been waiting for since I foolishly sold my comp gun last August on the basis that my new action had arrived. I imported 6 Panda's of which Vince had one and then promptly sold the lot and forgot about myself. Since then I have been shooting part ex's etc waiting for my Panda to arrive - guess what it is on a plane today.

In terms of winning comps though Dave as per your first post the one quick thing I will say is that you need to start the competition knowing that your gun is good and the rest is down to you - shooting is a mind game. The first time (and only time) I shot that rifle before the Europeans was 15 rounds the thursday before at Diggle, five rounds to zero my scope at 100 yards and then a few at 800 yards to shoot a group, I shot a few sighters and single group of 5 rounds that Vince measured at 3.75". I stopped at that point and walked away knowing that the gun was perfect so all I had to do was shoot. I can recall two other instances where I have down the same thing at 300 yards the day before league shoots and had good wins. I cannot recall going to a comp and winning without that feeling that all is well and the rifle is fully prepared.

I will expand a little on why Vince and I think this works so well as we have had many a discussion over it this last year. But that will have to be later as I have to take the girls to school now.