Firearms Liaison Committees

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Robin128

Firearms Liaison Committees

#1 Post by Robin128 »

A Firearms Liaison Committee was set up by the force, and comprimises of members of the shooting community who represent the various shooting disciplines, together with the Firearms & Explosives Licensing Department.

http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/Onl ... fault.aspx

Do all Police Authorities have these???

Anyone here know of their existence on their patch or even serving on one???

:-P
Chapuis

Re: Firearms Liaison Committees

#2 Post by Chapuis »

Simple answer NO.

Gwent police started consulting with all relevant persons years ago but only for a short period of time. It was when they felt under threat of loosing their powers to the proposed national firearms control board. Only a few meetings were held and they were well attended, but the police (at that time) simply couldn't defend their actions against reasoned argument and they were on a hiding to nothing. So they simply stopped holding the meeting once the threat of the national control board had been dismissed by the H.O. as unworkable.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#3 Post by kennyc »

a quick bit of Google-fu would suggest D&C are it ? they often seem to be mentioned, and I believe they cover the largest single area in the country (correct me if I am wrong please ) I would have thought the Met would have one but I didn't see one listed, of course they do have Trident so perhaps thats all they think they need :P so perhaps its no wonder that D&C have hit the news recently, maybe they are the lead player in Police views towards legally held firearms?
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#4 Post by dodgyrog »

Why would the Police want to talk to our representatives?
They wouldn't like a mirror held up to their actions which could not be justified by the Firearms Acts.
ACPO guidelines don't have the backing of the law unlike the Home Office guidelines.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
John25

#5 Post by John25 »

I was with D&C until I moved to Bisley. They were always co-operative, helpfull and fairly quick as I remember. Good on them I say

:clap:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk