Does anyone have any information about K1314 Army Form?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Does anyone have any information about K1314 Army Form?

#1 Post by TattooedGun »

Does anyone have any definitive information about this form and relation to its issue?

Our club has been under the illusion for quite some time that it is a .22 ONLY range, yet it used to have pistol calibres before the ban...

I'm trying to get them to open to the possibility of pistol calibre carbines and LBR's to try and entice more members to the club from the surrounding area... But I'd like to know where we stand as a club to get them to push for this change.

I recieved a nugget of information saying that if we have k1314 (which we do) then it allows .22, .32, .38, .44, .45 calibres to be used on the range, but not any larger rifle calibres (we're indoor at 25yard max).

Does anyone know of any written information on the web, or are versed in such things to be able to give a definitive answer regarding what we are and are not allowed to shoot?

I read the k1314 forms last night at the cluba dn could see absolutely no indication that we are to only use .22 ammunition.

Thanks

TG
Sandgroper

Re: Does anyone have any information about K1314 Army Form?

#2 Post by Sandgroper »

Isn't the K13414 the range certification certificate and as such should detail what ammunition the range is cleared for.

www.cawdorrifleandgunclub.co.uk/rangeorders2010.doc
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#3 Post by TattooedGun »

I looked through every page of the k1314 and saw no stipulation of ammo that could be used.

I have also seen the document that you posted (one of the top google results - I'm not that lazy!)
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Does it mention energy limits or calibres that can be used if they do not say what is not allowed.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Robin128

#5 Post by Robin128 »

IMHO In the absence of calibre and lead/jacketed restrictions...the limits are to be within the ME and MV as stated on the range safety certificate...and provided the range is maintained to the standards and drawings submitted and agreed at the time of approval.

I am assuming that the range safety cert is not date bound...ie from and to...expires on etc.

HTH
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#6 Post by HeatherW762 »

Chris Webb, NRA Regional Manager (and wonderfull hubby :D :D ) knows all about these. Email him on regman@nra.org.uk and he can help you out.

Too busy to read him the whole thread :cry: :cry:

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)