The three amigos

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Dave 101

The three amigos

#1 Post by Dave 101 »

From the top

BSA International MII 1957
BSA Century B/A 1956
bsa modl 12 1920ish

Also anciliary items including Parker Hale Quick loaders , foresight element boxes , leather mit , PH sling , and the rifle slip I rescued from the floor of the club aroury where it was soaking up the damp and going mouldy .

The MkII is my favorite and is fitted with a Parker Hale Targetscope 1939 made by Fecker . I always use this one in my club competitions 2 per year and I usualy beat my own score when I shoot with the Anschutz 54 , so its won me a few golds now . This is a light weight model which has a shorter barrel and is tapered to reduce weight .

The Century was a lost oppurtunity by BSA as it was a bolt action rifle which could have been a rival to Anschutz if only they had taken the time to develop a descent bolt and action instead they used the sporter action with a barrel from their Martini rifles and so it didnt cut the mustard .

The model 12 was one of the early Martini action target rifles and superbly accurate for the era so well made and could still be very competetive today .

Sadly the hay days of BSA are long gone but they have a small band of enthusiasts and I think the name will live forever and outshoot some of the modern rifles .

Dave
Dougan

Re: The three amigos

#2 Post by Dougan »

As an Anschutz owner I'm biased - but I do like the the Martini action for smallbore - The M is very nice 8-)

Question: What are the 'categories' for smallbore - i.e. date lines for modern, clasic, veteran etc.?
Dave 101

#3 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi

We work on the HBSA R&Rs If you have a look here http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Mini-Methuen.htm you can find the details and application form to our mini methuen competition and a list of the dates of classes for entry . As I only shoot in the optics match the date of the rifle doesnt count its just optics class so I could be shooting the oldest rifle and competing against the most modern , still I have no complaints as that old BSA sure performs well . :lol:
If any one is interested the next mm is on November 5 th , so if you fancy entering you can get all the info and forms required from that site . ps that entry form is 2010 but its the same each year .

Dave
Steve

#4 Post by Steve »

I must admit that the top one catches my eye.It has an old worldly look about it,but still looks a professional bit of kit. :good:
Do or not do-there is no try.
Master Yoda
Dougan

#5 Post by Dougan »

Here's another 3:
.22 002.jpg
The top one is my Anschutz 54 - my longest owned and favorite rifle :D

Next down is the Voere (which I share with my father) - I would idealy like something better for GRSB comps, but if anyone is thinking of a 'starter rifle' for sport rifle shooting, it's an excellent choice...you can pick them up for less than £200 (maybe not in this condition :) )

At the bottom is my father's 1922 Winchester 57 'plinker' ...cool little rifle 8-)

Note the lovely wood on all of them...no plastic :P
Dougan

#6 Post by Dougan »

Dave 101 wrote:Hi

We work on the HBSA R&Rs If you have a look here http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Mini-Methuen.htm you can find the details and application form to our mini methuen competition and a list of the dates of classes for entry . As I only shoot in the optics match the date of the rifle doesnt count its just optics class so I could be shooting the oldest rifle and competing against the most modern , still I have no complaints as that old BSA sure performs well . :lol:
If any one is interested the next mm is on November 5 th , so if you fancy entering you can get all the info and forms required from that site . ps that entry form is 2010 but its the same each year .

Dave
The Mini Methuen does look a great comp :good: