7.5x55 ammo

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

AL8

7.5x55 ammo

#1 Post by AL8 »

Hi all
I have just picked up a k31 today and wondered if anybody knows of some good priced ammo for it. This is all new to me so there may be a few silly questions along the way. I am going to Bisley Live on friday, so if there is any retailers with them it would help.
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Thanks
ptheta
Home club or Range: TFSA

Re: 7.5x55 ammo

#2 Post by ptheta »

I get mine from Andy Allwood. He is in Bracknell which is close to Bisley (www.tfsa.co.uk). He has the same prices as Kranks and stocks PPU but you need to give him a call before going.

You might be able get some milsurp from Andy too if that's what you want. Failing that the Phoenix and Trafalgar are good for milsurp but that won't help you right now.
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Chris from Ammo-Zone should be attending and usually has some in stock.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#4 Post by kennyc »

Ammozone stock the GP11 milsurp 7.5x55 (by all accounts match grade but Berdan primed so not easily reloadable), as far as I know Andy Allwood carries only the Privi ammo, he does however carry the correct profile Privi bullets for reloading, and is the font of all knowledge on things K31 and Schmidt Rubin :D
AL8

#5 Post by AL8 »

Thanks guys I was thinking of prvi, so I can reload. Thats something else to learn. I dont mind the idea of berdan primed, but the price has to be right. Cheap and 7.5x55 in the same sentence :lol:
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#6 Post by kennyc »

AL8 wrote:Thanks guys I was thinking of prvi, so I can reload. Thats something else to learn. I dont mind the idea of berdan primed, but the price has to be right. Cheap and 7.5x55 in the same sentence :lol:
Ammozone list GP11 at £46x100 so not bad in this day and age, Privi from memory about £54x100 but reloadable, if you can't get the correct profile bullet then read up on how to gauge size as the K31 is a picky SOB :) oh, and full length resize, or you will be getting a lot of use from your kinetic hammer :D lots of info here