FEO Visit - or not

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Practical shooter

Re: FEO Visit - or not

#11 Post by Practical shooter »

I am assuming if the bad people can intercept your emails they can intercept your calls, that's why I put tin foil over my phone 😉
Blackstuff

#12 Post by Blackstuff »

After the Guntrader leak this is all surely defunct anyway. Everyone who wants to know, can know :bad:
DVC
Polchraine

#13 Post by Polchraine »

Blackstuff wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:15 am After the Guntrader leak this is all surely defunct anyway. Everyone who wants to know, can know :bad:
No, becasue GT had none of my personal information, just an email address that does not link to the house.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
DammitMissedAgain

#14 Post by DammitMissedAgain »

Polchraine wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:17 pm No, becasue GT had none of my personal information, just an email address that does not link to the house.
I was similarly careful when registering with GT - nothing personally identifiable. Then I watched as an RFD entered ALL my details into their GunTrader sales\stock control system when I purchased a rifle. Wasn't impressed... :(
Blackstuff

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

It was my understanding that if you were on their books your location was plotted by your IP address and a 'dot' kindly assigned to you by the hunt sabs who set it up, regardless of what personal information you didn't fill in. It might make you a little more difficult to pin point if you live in a heavily populated area but anyone with half a clue about surveillance, or even just a lot of experience being around people who shoot, could pick you out from others.
DVC
Polchraine

#16 Post by Polchraine »

Blackstuff wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:31 am It was my understanding that if you were on their books your location was plotted by your IP address and a 'dot' kindly assigned to you by the hunt sabs who set it up, regardless of what personal information you didn't fill in. It might make you a little more difficult to pin point if you live in a heavily populated area but anyone with half a clue about surveillance, or even just a lot of experience being around people who shoot, could pick you out from others.

My IP address wanders around the country ... differnt sites put me in differnt places and the same time.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.