NRA Handloaders certification.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: NRA Handloaders certification.

#31 Post by IainWR »

Blackstuff wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:22 am
bradaz11 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:58 am
Blackstuff wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:29 am

That IS the issue, are they safe? There have been several accidents at Bisley attributed to inappropriate handloads and this is the ar£e covering exercise so when someone is injured (or worse) its not their insurance picking up the tab. teanews
but loading properly to a lower than book velocity is as safe as loading to book. the key word is properly. If you aren't able to do that, then loading to book is just as much of a risk.

how do they know they are loaded at home and not factory?
I didn't say it wasn't. THIS is the entire issue. They've had to set a standard (which may be lower than some of the handloaders on here, but a standard nonetheless) and if you're found not to meet it (only AFTER something has gone wrong of course), then you're the one footing the bill, not the NRA/Bisley/MOD/Landmarc

The easiest way to tell if someone is using handloaded or factory ammo I've found at rifle ranges is simply because factory loads come out of factory boxes, handloads come in handloaders boxes/already in magazines etc. Obviously theres a simple way of defrauding that but that would take forethought that most people don't consider when they're just trying to enjoy their sport.
Please be assured that the insurance bill is the last thing on the NRAs mind in this matter. The only insurance concern is to be as certain as possible that everyone shooting under NRA auspices is insured against third-party risks. And the NRA does not ban downloads. It just requires that, when on NRA ranges, you fire them on a range which would be safe and in limits if you were to fire a full-charge round. The NRA rule is stated in the negative - perhaps the positive wording would be clearer.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

NRA reloading code of practise

#32 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Don`t know if this is new but my club has just sent this out to all club member who reload it seems that the any club that is affiliated to the NRA must record all its members that reload and ask them to sign a declaration to this fact.
Gun Pimp
Home club or Range: Diggle

Re: NRA reloading code of practise

#33 Post by Gun Pimp »

Newish. Is June the deadline?
Jorden
Home club or Range: ponteland

#34 Post by Jorden »

The NSRA require a similar declaration, probably an insurance thing.
Pete
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#35 Post by Pete »

I filled in and submitted the form a good while back, but have heard nothing from NRA (my sole club) yet...

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....