New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

Jeroenw114
Home club or Range: 't Asser Wapen

Hello from the Netherlands

#1 Post by Jeroenw114 »

Dear British fellow shooters,
Best wishes for 2024.

My name is Jeroen and I am a Dutch sport shooter since 1989. After my dad forbade me to shoot on batteries placed on top of a closet he sent me to a club.Since then I like to shoot competitions, matches and for pleasure with pistols and revolvers. Within the Dutch law we can own a maximum of 5 arms.  The list I have had is therefore way longer than the ist I have.
My interest lies with almost all revolvers and pistols as long there is no polymer involved. The older, the more interesting and I also have collected and restored antique guns for a great while. One more aspect, I like to tinker on my guns to make them better target guns. In start most are not really target guns being short 3" revolvers and pistols but with the actionwork, trigger parts, sights and grip they do quite well.
At this moment I am gathering information on .22 pistols and this led me to this forum. I do that because I like to make a kind of article (or summary) for use on forums. It is not on the level of magazine articles, for that it would be too much work. Maybe I will do so in the future but then I will narrow it down. An earlier project I can place a link to when there is interest.

On one British pistol I can find very little info and pictures and I'll place my question in the right section.

I am aware of the difficult status of pistols and revolvers in the UK. I'm very sorry for you that this sport and interest is made so difficult.

Jeroen

My target revolvers, 686 and 696
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

#2 Post by Les »

Hello Jeroen .... welcome to FBUK! :good:
billgatese30
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland & District Gun Club...and anywhere that will have me.

#3 Post by billgatese30 »

Welcome, those look like a fantastic pair of pistols!
Chris
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#4 Post by 20series »

Hi and welcome to the forum, you're not going to win many friends showing pictures of lovely pistols though, we'll get very jealous lol lol

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#5 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
I will post pictures of my P38 and Luger and my other eclectic collection of pistols.
"IF I CAN GET THE POLICE TO GIVE THEM BACK"
Jersey
Home club or Range: Crabbe - Jersey

#6 Post by Jersey »

Hello Jeroen
Welcome & nice revolvers.
I've not shot .44 so far, the 5 max would have me compiling a 'wish list' over and over.
Christel
Site Admin

#7 Post by Christel »

Heya, welcome.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#8 Post by Mattnall »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.