The "I've got a new gun thread"...

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Re: The "I've got a new gun thread"...

#551 Post by TattooedGun »

Ovenpaa wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:07 pm I cannot fault the SP V sporting, they are superb guns, inside and out. Just oner very minor thing to look out for... They suffer from minor corrosion (Rust) internally. This is not a criticism of Beretta but of EU legislation which meant manufacturers had to go to different surface finishes. So if it a used gun, it is worth dropping the stock off and just having a quick peak and maybe a light oiling (NOT WD40!) A small wipe of grease on the rear of the strikers and hammer springs is OK as well. Keep an eye on the strikers, cheap primers (They all are) pierce, which leads to burning of the striker and crap being vented into the action, which leads to more pierced primers and so on... Ejector springs need swapping every 12-18 months as well.

Brilliant guns and what I have pointed out is nothing in comparison to alternatives. Enjoy.
Thanks for the information David, most useful!
Presumably ejector springs is an easy enough job and they're easy enough to get hold of?
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#552 Post by Ovenpaa »

Ejector springs are very easy to fit but there is a knack. Place a piece of wood on a bench, I used to make the 'Gunsmiths' blocks out of old stocks but a piece of 2x1 will suffice. Hold the barrels vertically and part push the ejector to be removed down on the block, you will see the the tongue apear, now just ease the ejector out with a flat blade or your fingers. No doubt it is on YT.

I used to get all my stuff through the importers, GMK, you will have to look elsewhere as they are trade only. They are usually availæble through TW Chambers, you can source most items yourself other than Strikers. You will not need the ejector plungers.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#553 Post by Geek »

My Marlin Dark in .44 magnum (with a few extra bits and bobs).
Marlin Dark 44 mag.jpg
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Sandgroper

#554 Post by Sandgroper »

My new acquisition - Chiappa 1911-22

1911_22.jpg

FIC (Falklands Islands Company) offered me a 30% discount, probably because my rifles have been delayed again - Yes, Sim and Ovenpaa, those rifles still haven't arrived!

Compared to the Glock this is a hefty beast - a good 300g (11oz) heavier at 900g empty. Most reviews have it shooting fairly decently (i.e. better than me) but if all else fails, it'd make an awesome club!

Ergonmically, it's supposed to replicate the 1911 and if that's the case then it's only flaw (or mine), is that I can't quite reach the slide release with my thumb without repositioning my hand. For a pistol that will be a plinker, it's a slight irritation that I can easily live with.

Planning on shooting later on in the month, once we're fully into Spring.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
AL8

#555 Post by AL8 »

Nice to see a pistol without an add on
Graham M

#556 Post by Graham M »

Where is the envy emoji :cry: :cry: :cry:
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Sandgroper

#557 Post by Sandgroper »

Graham M wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:55 pm Where is the envy emoji :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yeah, it's a bit cruel of me but the thread is there to be updated! ;)

I'd like my next one to be a revolver, but there's none for sale in the Islands at moment, so I may have to "settle" for a CZ 75... :twisted:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
AL8

#558 Post by AL8 »

I would happily settle for a CZ 75 if I was in your position