Chinese acog copy

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Practical shooter

Chinese acog copy

#1 Post by Practical shooter »

Hello,
Has anyone bought and used a Chinese copy acog on a fullbore rifle.

If so how did it hold up for general shooting, did it last, did it hold zero.

Where did you get it.

Thanks
Mattnall
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

Re: Chinese acog copy

#2 Post by Mattnall »

I haven't seen a decent copy of an ACOG. The only ones I've seen are just a cheap red dot/holo sight type thing in an ACOG style body. which may hold up on a 22lr.
You're paying for the look and a cheap red dot would do the same job at a fraction of the price.

With the Chinese's track record of copying things I wouldn't be surprised if there were some good 3.bowl or 4x ACOG copies out there, I've just never seen them.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
andrew375

#3 Post by andrew375 »

I've had one on my s&w 15-22 for about a decade. It's held zero give or take a few clicks despite being dismounted between sessions. Haven't used it on anything with serious recoil though. One thing is that the "tube" is just a zinc alloy die casting and vulnerable features, like the backup iron sights, are proneto breaking off. No big deal, but one reason a FACOG is less than a tenth of the price of the real thing. I can't fault the optical quality.
"Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.
RDC

#4 Post by RDC »

I had one on a WE gas blow back L85 that had more felt recoil than an .22 and it held zero fine. Optical quality was decent too.

Certainly wouldn't trust it on anything else though.
Practical shooter

#5 Post by Practical shooter »

Cheers guys