Guidance for a new 22 bolt gun, has to be ruger, has to have wooden furniture.

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

drone

Guidance for a new 22 bolt gun, has to be ruger, has to have wooden furniture.

#1 Post by drone »

As per the title, haven't decided if I want a wmr or a lr, probably the latter. Don't want a .17 and I have a 223 that I download with cast bullets hence my leaning toward the LR.
I favoured a 77/22 or a ruger american, it's has to be 2nd hand btw but so many folk buy them with plastic furniture it's a struggle to find a proper rifle.
What's a good bet?
Graham M

Re: Guidance for a new 22 bolt gun, has to be ruger, has to have wooden furniture.

#2 Post by Graham M »

Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
billgatese30
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland & District Gun Club...and anywhere that will have me.

Re: Guidance for a new 22 bolt gun, has to be ruger, has to have wooden furniture.

#3 Post by billgatese30 »

77/22 tend to be seen in wooden stocks more often than their other bolt gun models. As said above, keep your eyes on gun trader/gunstar to see what is available.
Chris
drone

#4 Post by drone »

Thanks for the info, I omitted to mention that I don't have a slot for a moderator and I'd prefer it without a scope as I have one waiting together with the Ruger rings ex my 308. I'll ask on monday if they'll split it.