Hi All from London

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

Sky888
Home club or Range: RRPC, HTRPC, WHPC, NRA, EBSC

Re: Hi All from London

#11 Post by Sky888 »

Thank you all :good:

There’s a lot of great content here and very knowledgeable people! Look forward to learning more.
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#12 Post by Geek »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Sky888
Home club or Range: RRPC, HTRPC, WHPC, NRA, EBSC

#13 Post by Sky888 »

Pinguino wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:48 am Too many.! What is this nonsense..?

That's not a valid reason if you could justify what you were asking for in the first place.

Yes, if you currently do not have enough safe storage capacity, but other than that, unless your FL dept have one of those 'maximum 12 without a monitored burglar alarm' rules (another add-hoc piece of rubbish) then I'd kick back and ask for a proper explanation.
Too many.... - I too was aware that this is not a valid reason and was taken back with surprise. However for now I am on a time limit, I submitted my renewals in October 2022 and certificates expired in January 2023, however was given a 3 months extension letter as they are behind with the work load. Even now I am waiting and only 9 days left on the extension but have been reassured that everything is approved and just needs the sign off and printing & posting by next week.

My security exceeds Level 3 as outlined in the HO guidance and the FEO is well aware and very impressed with the arrangements I have. I had 15 FAC firearms excluding moderators and only in the last 2 weeks sold off 3 firearms and a couple mods to make way for my new potentials I'm after.

Once my new certificates arrive, variations submitted and new acquisitions purchased I will no doubt request for new additions. If at this point I get knocked back again with the same reason of 'Too Many' I will then appeal and refer to the HO guidance. I will probably come back here asking for some assistance from you knowledgeable folks beforehand in regards to an appeals process as I have never done it.