ear protection

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Mattnall
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

Re: ear protection

#21 Post by Mattnall »

Having had Peltor ones for many years I have only recently found out what the battery low beep actually was.

There's me thinking it was letting me know the battery was running down, but they still kept working, I thought the things just keep going even on a low charge. It turns out that the beep happens after they have been switched on for a few hours just in case you have left them on and forgot to switch off. Standing on the range all day seems to let the beep happen two or three times. 8-)
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
DanTheMan
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#22 Post by DanTheMan »

For all you Peltor users, you can get replacement GEL pads from China for about £12 delivered (eBay). I have bought several sets of these pads over the last few years and the increase in comfort is amazing especially if you are wearing safety or sun glasses.
Sky888
Home club or Range: RRPC, HTRPC, WHPC, NRA, EBSC

#23 Post by Sky888 »

I use 3M Peltor Comtac XPI. The cost is a longer term investment and you'll easily notice the differences when against a lower end unit like a Howard Leight Impact Sports one. I've used many sets and settled on the Peltors.

https://www.best4systems.co.uk/peltor-c ... t-all.html