Hearing protection

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
WelshShooter

Re: Hearing protection

#11 Post by WelshShooter »

bradaz11 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:38 am I bought walkers, as you see them a lot on american guntuber channels. for the money, very impressed and happy with mine.
Which model of Walkers did you go for and were they in ear or over ear? I've got some Howard Leight Impact Sports (https://www.howardleightshootingsports. ... ssic-green) but find that they don't make contact with my head underneath my ear. If I don't double up with in-ear protection, these offer little to no protection.

Without hijacking the thread, I'll be looking at over ear protection recommended in this thread.
bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#12 Post by bradaz11 »

WelshShooter wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:50 pm
bradaz11 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:38 am I bought walkers, as you see them a lot on american guntuber channels. for the money, very impressed and happy with mine.
Which model of Walkers did you go for and were they in ear or over ear? I've got some Howard Leight Impact Sports (https://www.howardleightshootingsports. ... ssic-green) but find that they don't make contact with my head underneath my ear. If I don't double up with in-ear protection, these offer little to no protection.

Without hijacking the thread, I'll be looking at over ear protection recommended in this thread.
I went with razors. I find them to fit a lot better than the howard leight's. I bought them but them don't sit on me well. the walker cups a bigger and softer. I feel like my ear actualy goes inside the cups on these. battery life is good, I've had them since 2017 and only changed battery once. they are low profile like the HL, so they don't interfere with stocks for me. I still double up if i'm shooting 9mm pistol in an indoor range that is essentially steel lined lol!
like these, company I bought from no longer offers them, bought from US on a 'make offer' price
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/2302348398?iid=131839331607
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#13 Post by Pippin89 »

lovemunkey187 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:44 pm
Pippin89 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:42 am I use custom fit guard in-ears. No worries about stock clearance at all obviously. I use the passive valve ones so not electronic but I still hold a conversation fine and then they close off when a shot is fired. CFG do electronic ones as well though.
Are yours similar to the style in this Amazon link?
No. Look up "custom fit guards". They come to your house and take a mould of your ears and then take them away and make your ear plugs from them. They even keep your mould on record so if you need a replacement or want more they can make them straight away.
Mattnall
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#14 Post by Mattnall »

Graham M wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:33 pm Weren't these ones were they Mat :o
https://www.best4safety.co.uk/products/ ... _gQAvD_BwE
Not at that price. :o
No, they were/are the SportTac version.
LIKE THESE, only older
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#15 Post by bradaz11 »

Pippin89 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:40 am
lovemunkey187 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:44 pm
Pippin89 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:42 am I use custom fit guard in-ears. No worries about stock clearance at all obviously. I use the passive valve ones so not electronic but I still hold a conversation fine and then they close off when a shot is fired. CFG do electronic ones as well though.
Are yours similar to the style in this Amazon link?
No. Look up "custom fit guards". They come to your house and take a mould of your ears and then take them away and make your ear plugs from them. They even keep your mould on record so if you need a replacement or want more they can make them straight away.
boots will also do similar
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns