Valmont Firearms

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
David TS
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

Re: Valmont Firearms

#11 Post by David TS »

MistAgain wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:22 pm One of the problems the shooting community has these days is that we are having to jump more hurdles and have more proof that we are ok than the police force .

Some of the visits that the RFD's have just had may be the result of a small mistake or memory lapse . But they had no oppertunity to defend themselves.

How many of us know whats doctors have put on out records 10 or 20 years back ?

Of course its just possible that some police forces are taking action over some "straight pull" rifles and certain "long barrel revolvers" .

And to be honest , i cant quite blame an RFD for not wanting to say to much about having his RFD revoked.

That's all very well, but what then happens to all the deposits held, for Schmeisser straight pulls for example, which won't be in the country for a long while, and I gather none have been pre allocated to any RFD.

Not much point in holding on to people's deposits for something you won't be able to supply if you don't hold an RFD, and that is the sort of thing you need to be clear on.
MistAgain

#12 Post by MistAgain »

Even worse if you have taken the full payment .

Not that an RFD would do that .

RFD's arnt like second hand car dealers.
Vossie
Home club or Range: Bisley

#13 Post by Vossie »

MistAgain wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:02 pm Even worse if you have taken the full payment .

He always asked for payment in advance for items/firearms that had to be ordered.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#14 Post by Ovenpaa »

MistAgain wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:02 pm Even worse if you have taken the full payment .

Heh! You reckon?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Jame5m

#15 Post by Jame5m »

Ovenpaa wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:02 pm

Heh! You reckon?
I’d trust some second hand car dealers, in fact make that face book marketplace car dealers then I would certain RFD’s!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#16 Post by dromia »

Post deleted, thread locked.

People should refresh themselves with the "Scotsgun rule".

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/