Basc report on licensing department performance

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

Re: Basc report on licensing department performance

#11 Post by FredB »

Last year, my FAC was due to run out in July. I sent the forms in in April. My ticket duly ran out and I phoned the office---very helpful---they immediatley sent a temporary FAC for 3 months. In time, this one also ran out. I phoned and got another temporary permit. I asked what the resource problem was and I was told that they were very short of officers to do the security assessment. A few weeks later, I received a call from an FEO who asked if anything had changed security wise. I confirmed that all was well and my FAC and explosived licence arrived a few days later. Never had a visit and was not asked for a medical reference. I am 80 years old and my FAC dates back to 1969. Why could they not just have renewed at the beginning of this saga?
Fred