Multi Tools - what are you using?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
nic

Re: Multi Tools - what are you using?

#41 Post by nic »

Leatherman wave.... seeing as I have had lots of first aid training and am a qualified mechanic in my dim and distant past and now drive a land rover, i have sufficient reason for carrying a locking knife.... I have had to get a person out of a car going up in smoke with a jammed seatbelt following a RTC. I have used it to fix various bits on the car and if they want to query why a locking blade a) my choice b) my safety, - look at the scar on my hand from a non locking one!
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#42 Post by bradaz11 »

nic wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:50 pm Leatherman wave.... seeing as I have had lots of first aid training and am a qualified mechanic in my dim and distant past and now drive a land rover, i have sufficient reason for carrying a locking knife.... I have had to get a person out of a car going up in smoke with a jammed seatbelt following a RTC. I have used it to fix various bits on the car and if they want to query why a locking blade a) my choice b) my safety, - look at the scar on my hand from a non locking one!
that will not be seen as a valid reason by the Sergeant. as you say, your choice, it will be your choice to get charges brought against you
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
nic

#43 Post by nic »

I will beg to disagree with you ... it would have been when i was a custody Sgt and it is now the CPS (Cant Prosecute Successfully) that make most of the charge decisions and it would be argued in court.

It was funny going through customs at Portsmouth the other day.... security.. have you got a knife on you... me Yes 3 .....Security... Oh Me I am going camping and need 1 for food, 1 for bits and pieces and a weatherman so sod off! they are packed in the luggage on the motorbike.... security ok no problem!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#44 Post by Ovenpaa »

nic wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:00 pmIt was funny going through customs at Portsmouth the other day.... security.. have you got a knife on you... me Yes 3 .....Security... Oh Me I am going camping and need 1 for food, 1 for bits and pieces and a weatherman so sod off! they are packed in the luggage on the motorbike.... security ok no problem!
Reminds me of us taking 5 rifles and thousands of rounds of ammunition to Denmark one year on a ferry. We declared it at Harwich and were greeted with 'Yebbut have you got anything sharp' That might of been the time the Viking (Christel) was patted down by one of the customs types much to my delight :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
John Gunn
Home club or Range: Bisley

#45 Post by John Gunn »

I was once asked by security at the Newhaven ferry. "Do you have a fixed blade knife?"
I'm on my motorbike. I keep a sheathed 5" Swedish knife to slicing bagettes, tomatoes and spreading butter when I buy my picnic lunch.
So I looked puzzled and asked what they meant. Then suggested if they wanted one they should ask in one of the motorhomes/caravans as they would probably have one in their kitchen.
Ultimately I said "no"...
And I always carry a small CRKT M16 10KZ which I use all the time. I'm lost without it.
I did buy a UK Legal from Heinnie Haynes but it is huge, heavy with a wicked looking blade and I can't open it with one hand so it stays at home.
I would add that I present as a grey haired old gent and rarely go to s*** cities O:-)