another headstamp book group buy

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

another headstamp book group buy

#1 Post by bradaz11 »

ok, seems that time of the year again... I wish they'd leave it a bit of time from one book to the next.

I've been asked if there were plans to do another group buy for this book, from the same company as Ian McCollum's Chassepot to FAMAS and the British bulpups one that is currently in hand, by Headstamp publishing. This is a group set up by Ian McCollum.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/he ... e-warlords

Pistols of the Warlords

Chinese Domestic Handguns, 1911 – 1949 is the new book. They are saying they can still do 6 books to a box, so with Shipping being $50, if we wanted 6 signature edition books, it would work out to around £100 a book before import duties and postage this side of the pond. If everyone only wanted the standard kickstarter edition, it would be about £80 a book, before tax and postage here. You have a choice of purple or grey book. There doesn't appear to be any patches this time around, which is disapointing

the last 2 have taken about a year to complete each. the last one is being held up with them missing some included items, so 2 books are posted, the others are still with me. It is not a quick process. You need to remember this when committing, as once you pay, theres nothing I can do to cancel your 'order', you would need to find someone to take your place and sort monies out between yourselves.

so, all that being said - who is interested?

this book is a slightly different style than the other 2, but it still looks to be a lovely book, especially with all the extras that have been unlocked.

anyway, who is in?
I would prefer payment by paypal friends and family really, as for me it's easier to track. I will need the money before ordering, as it quickly adds up, as the project is funded, they will collect the pledge in one week. I can't afford to wait for cheques or trying to get into a bank. I hope you all understand this.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
CDM5
Home club or Range: Tidworth RPC & Bisley

Re: another headstamp book group buy

#2 Post by CDM5 »

I'm in, money sent.
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

Yup, Ovenpaa is in, thanks bradaz11 :good:
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#4 Post by bradaz11 »

right, they are offering a new patch, which would be an extra £10

and a printing of a book called "Arming the Dragon" by Dolf L. Goldsmith it is a bit short on details for this, but it appears it is a similar subject matter but for rifles, here is their write up below. the original appear to have been spiral bound and black and white, so I'm not sure what to expect from this. it would be £20

"Arming the Dragon" by Dolf Goldsmith is a 45-page study of Chinese Mauser rifles from the Warlord Era. Better known for his Collector Grade books on the Maxim, Vickers, and Browning machine guns, Mr. Goldsmith has a long interest in Chinese arms and wrote this monograph based on personal inspection of thousands of Chinese Mauser rifles. Specifically, he covers the Hanyang, Model 1907, Type 21, and Chiang Kai Shek patterns, as built by the Hanyang, Nanking, Kung Hsien, and Kwangtung Arsenals.
This work includes invaluable analysis of production and serial number totals and interpretation of receiver markings in addition to basic histories of the four types of rifle. These rifles formed the backbone of the Warlord armies of the 1920s and 1930s. Originally printed in very limited numbers in the 1990s, we are proud to offer an authorized reprint alongside Pistols of the Warlords.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#5 Post by bradaz11 »

anymore for anymore?

I can take 3 more ppl, it's got 3 days left to run, so not a lot of time to decide.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#6 Post by bradaz11 »

update!

We received a small number of advance copies of the production books, and they look incredible! The main shipment of books is in transit on the way to our fulfillment centers, and we will make another update once we have a good delivery estimate that we can provide. We have overcome quite a number of challenges to get to this point, but we are confident that you will agree that the quality of these books is worth the wait!
Snap2.png
Christel
Site Admin

#7 Post by Christel »

They do look good :)
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#8 Post by bradaz11 »

just got notification they are due to ship imminently
CDM5
Home club or Range: Tidworth RPC & Bisley

#9 Post by CDM5 »

shakeshout
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#10 Post by bradaz11 »

shipped! mild panic as i got notification of only 3 shipping, but looks like there were only 3 of us.