Eley Ammo Shortages - Alternative Suggestions?

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Eley Ammo Shortages - Alternative Suggestions?

#1 Post by Pippin89 »

I only really have experience with Eley smallbore ammo, and its impossible to get hold of any it seems at the moment. So please could you let me know suggestions of some ammo to try in my Walther KK300?
I usually use Eley Club for practice and Match for comp cards. Something around the £150-175 per 1000 mark. I will likely buy a box of any suggestions I get and shoot a couple of cards with each to see what works.
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Re: Eley Ammo Shortages - Alternative Suggestions?

#2 Post by TattooedGun »

Lapua Center-X for Match Equivalent - if you can find some (we just picked up 5k for the club at NSRA, so they may have some in stock). Not sure what you'll get for the Club equivalent really,
Pippin89

#3 Post by Pippin89 »

TattooedGun wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:12 am Lapua Center-X for Match Equivalent - if you can find some (we just picked up 5k for the club at NSRA, so they may have some in stock). Not sure what you'll get for the Club equivalent really,
Thank you. I have about 200 Club left so I can make do for a few weeks. Clean out of Match though. NSRA is showing Centre-X in stock so I will get a couple of boxes and see how it goes.
Ballistol

#4 Post by Ballistol »

Another plug for Lapua Centre-X, it shoots very well at 100y, SK Match is also also worth a try at a reasonable price if you can find it.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#5 Post by Mattnall »

Match and Club are available from Eley.
Not sure where the shortage issue is, there is a few weeks lead time but my last delivery came well within 6 weeks (Eley quoted about a 6 week delay).
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by 1066 »

About a year ago I swapped from Eley Match/Tenex to Lapua Centre-x/Midas +. very pleased with the change and results for benchrest
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
andrew375

#7 Post by andrew375 »

SK Rifle match, either conventional or flat head bullet.
"Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

There is loads of Centre-X in the country right now which is a fine alternative as suggested. SK is around just not as sensibly priced as it used to be.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Pippin89

#9 Post by Pippin89 »

Thanks all, I will be heading up to the NSRA shop at the weekend and buying a couple hundred each of Lapua Centre-X and RWS Special Match which was suggested elsewhere. I will see what my rifle like and then buy a stockpile. Sod's law, they will then be sold out of that one! lol
Graham M

#10 Post by Graham M »

Trouble is you can't phone up and ask because they never answer the bloody phone.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.