Chris Packham is at it again

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Graham M

Re: Chris Packham is at it again

#21 Post by Graham M »

Daryll wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:17 am
Graham M wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:23 am
On a different forum I had this same argument with a game shooter. His take on things was that if HE had to use non-toxic shot, then so should target shooters. I tried to explain that there simply wasn't an alternative to lead for .22 target bullets and if they were banned then prone rifle would be a thing of the past. His answer was basically "Tough sh!t".
You could have pointed out that he is spreading lead all over the countryside, where are you are putting it into a nicely contained backstop...
Yup, did all that. This is where he started to get uppity about target shooters and how they thought that they were better than anyone else etc.
I then pointed out the need for muzzle loaders to use lead and once again he went on about how the M/L society hadn't backed the game shooters (for what I don't know) and that M/L would have to go the same way.
The man is a belligerent sod and will put up post after post droning on about how he is right and you are wrong. And of course there are always the couple of other shotgun owners who will agree because they don't shoot .22 rifle.
I don't want to get into a p1$$ing contest all the time, because the antis love this. Why do they need to come after us when we are happy to do the work for them.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Christel
Site Admin

#22 Post by Christel »

Sad state of affairs within the shooting community.

"Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion."
Graham M

#23 Post by Graham M »

Exactly Christel, but it has never happened and I doubt it ever will. We seem to be a bunch of Lemmings when it come to protecting the sport.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#24 Post by Pete »

The problem is that word "legal", which doesn't necessarily mean "right", or "OK" to all members of society...

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Christel
Site Admin

#25 Post by Christel »

Pete, your last post, that in itself speaks volumes. If something is legal, why should I pay attention to what someone in society does not like, that is an opinion which we are all entitled to however we are also all entitled to ignore that opinion.
Christel
Site Admin

#26 Post by Christel »

Graham M, that I agree with. Without a strong organisation our sport is doomed.