Alternative to Sierra MatchKing HPBT

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Alternative to Sierra MatchKing HPBT

#21 Post by Alpha1 »

Sim G wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:19 am Quick question as I couldn’t discern from MMEs site and I appreciate they are “custom”, but what sort of costs are their bullets?
As an example .308 168grain. Wimbledon match £36 x 100. Mistral £36 x 100. Mistral tipped £65 x 100.
155grain is the same price. Prices quoted are taken from the flyer he gave me at the Shooting show.

I have loaded and used the 168grain Wimbledon match and shot them at 100 yards they worked fine for a first outing I am in the process of carrying out some load development to see how I can get them to perform. They were shot from a Steyr SSG 69 fitted with one of The Shooting SHEDS Støtteben F/TR Bipods . The Khales ZF scope didn't help I think its come to its end of life I have taken it off and fitted a new scope. The FTR bipod makes a big difference It was worth the money.
As I said the scope let me down.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#22 Post by Alpha1 »

I have been in touch with Pete of MME bullets he has a back log and it could take months to get anything from him. Must be popular.
crismaqsood
Home club or Range: NRA

#23 Post by crismaqsood »

Daryll wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:31 pm
shugie wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:00 pm Seems to be a supply problem with Sierra MatchKings, which is what I have used to date. 155g HPBT .308 been quite happy with the results, but need to have an alternative available if this shortage lasts much longer.

Suggestions welcome.
I switched to the Hornady Match 155gn HPBT a couple of years ago.. They're certainly more accurate than i am, (although only an occasional long range shooter), and a lot cheaper than the SMK..

+1 on the hornady's. Can't complain 😄