The Airgun Centre, Rayleigh

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Graham M

The Airgun Centre, Rayleigh

#1 Post by Graham M »

Been fancying a PCP for a while now and had a look for one locally but without success. Seems like everyone is having delivery problems. So, I had a mooch around the web and found somewhere that will actually deliver. Had to wait until the orders came in but at 5.30pm Sunday evening they delivered it to my front door.
Air Arms S500 Walnut stock + moderator. It has a shrouded barrel which is supposed to act as a mod' but the AA mod really does quieten it a lot more.
Quite impressed as the lad who delivered it came from Norfolk and his last call on Sunday night was in Bedford.
goodjob
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: The Airgun Centre, Rayleigh

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

According to google PCP is personnel car finance ?.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#3 Post by Dellboy »

They are very local to me and they always give a good service
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#4 Post by strangesam »

Alpha1 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:07 am According to google PCP is personnel car finance ?.
Pre Charged Pneumatic..

One of the airguns with a compressed air cylinder (usually under the barrel), as opposed to one using CO2 canisters, or a spring gun cocked by manipulating a level, barrel or pump slide.
Graham M

#5 Post by Graham M »

air-arms-s500-carbine-walnut.jpg
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Polchraine

#6 Post by Polchraine »

You will be impressed with it ...

I have been using an S410K for a long time - well over 10 years. The AA Mod certainly quietens that down, and consistency is great.

A couple of years back I managed 3 large rats all within 50cm of each other in well under a minute - it would have been more had a ricochet/deflection not hit the chicken feed dispenser! The neighbour, who owned the chicken run/coop was maybe 10m away and heard nothing until I called him to clear the mess!

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Graham M

#7 Post by Graham M »

Certainly looks the business.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#8 Post by Sim G »

I’ve had an Air Arms Pro Sport for years. Only recently got rid of my S200. Fantastic air guns.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Tallguy

#9 Post by Tallguy »

I’ve used these guys in the past. They know their stuff and are recommended.