Kriss Defiance DMK22 Food

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Fenix1

Re: Kriss Defiance DMK22 Food

#31 Post by Fenix1 »

Probably going to hang on until the Phoenix comps end of May and see whats available there. What optics are people using? Thinking of putting a Konus T30 on whatever I get.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#32 Post by snayperskaya »

Fenix1 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:29 pm Probably going to hang on until the Phoenix comps end of May and see whats available there. What optics are people using? Thinking of putting a Konus T30 on whatever I get.
I have a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24, very clear optics and a nice illuminated reticle.On 1x it works like a red dot but has the advantage of variable magnification.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Andy

#33 Post by Andy »

snayperskaya wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:21 pm I recently acquired a Kriss and it came with two 15 round Kriss mags and I have purchased two 25 round Kriss mags but on taking to the range for the first time on Sunday it functioned flawlessly with the 15 rounders but if I loaded the 25 round mags to capacity it wouldn't feed properly.

I loaded them with 15 and things were perfect so I then loaded them with 20 and again it run like a top, it is almost like the extra five rounds puts too much tension on the mag spring.Anyone else had this problem and is there a remedy, other than just loading 20.I did wonder if shortening the spring slightly may help.I also have a couple of S&W mags with it but I must admit I like the look of the Kriss mags.
Hello,
I have 2 15 round and 2 25 round Kriss mags, also 3 S&W15-22 mags and all function fine with any amount of ammo in them.

Sorry to hear your having problems, did you buy the 25 round Kriss mags new or were they used ?

cheers,
andy
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#34 Post by snayperskaya »

Andy wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:34 pm
snayperskaya wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:21 pm I recently acquired a Kriss and it came with two 15 round Kriss mags and I have purchased two 25 round Kriss mags but on taking to the range for the first time on Sunday it functioned flawlessly with the 15 rounders but if I loaded the 25 round mags to capacity it wouldn't feed properly.

I loaded them with 15 and things were perfect so I then loaded them with 20 and again it run like a top, it is almost like the extra five rounds puts too much tension on the mag spring.Anyone else had this problem and is there a remedy, other than just loading 20.I did wonder if shortening the spring slightly may help.I also have a couple of S&W mags with it but I must admit I like the look of the Kriss mags.
Hello,
I have 2 15 round and 2 25 round Kriss mags, also 3 S&W15-22 mags and all function fine with any amount of ammo in them.

Sorry to hear your having problems, did you buy the 25 round Kriss mags new or were they used ?

cheers,
andy
I bought them brand new, I was using CCI MiniMags and if I loaded the 25 rounders to capacity the rounds seemed to hit the breech face below the chamber rather than feed and the bullets were gouged, almost like they were sliced for want of a better description but as I said they were fine with 20 rounds in them.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#35 Post by Airbrush »

snayperskaya wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:07 pm
Andy wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:34 pm

Hello,

cheers,
andy
I bought them brand new, I was using CCI MiniMags and if I loaded the 25 rounders to capacity the rounds seemed to hit the breech face below the chamber rather than feed and the bullets were gouged, almost like they were sliced for want of a better description but as I said they were fine with 20 rounds in them.
Out of interest did you try with 24 rounds?
Fenix1

#36 Post by Fenix1 »

Found that my Kriss does not like CCI minimags, but is faultless with Eley club, thats in 15 round mags. Waiting for 25 round mags and a speed loader adapter to turn up. Burnt through about 200 rounds at the club today, split between a Kriss DMK22 and a Walther 1911 LBP. The speedloader made loading the 1911 mags so easy, ordered the adapter for the Kriss when I got home.
Cornish-Viking
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers, Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club

#37 Post by Cornish-Viking »

Fenix1 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:29 pm Probably going to hang on until the Phoenix comps end of May and see whats available there. What optics are people using? Thinking of putting a Konus T30 on whatever I get.
Got a vortex strike eagle 1x8. Great glass and looks bad ass lol :oops:
- Tikka - 6.5 Creedmoor/MDT ACC
- Schmeisser LMR 223
- 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
- Bergara B14r Carbon
- CZ 457 Long Range Precision Gen2
- Kriss Defiance DMK
- GSG 1911
- Beretta 686E 12g

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/
Fenix1

#38 Post by Fenix1 »

My Kriss is happy with Eley club, unhappy with Eley contact, happy with SK semi auto. That's in 25 round mags, fully loaded using a speedloader. My Walther Gold Cup LBP seems to shoot anything.
BLZeebub

#39 Post by BLZeebub »

It's been a while but mine really hated RWS/SK during an ammo test session with a lot of misfires.

I gave it a thorough clean and tried again but any oily/greasy ammo still failed. Then i spotted the relatively recently replaced Ti firing pin was peened. After a chat with M9 a new one was sent out but this also had problems and shows no peening. M9 has sent me a blank to file to fit as fir some reason it seems to be striking short.

I've got a oem one to try aswell but it's a tad baffling.

B-)
Fenix1

#40 Post by Fenix1 »

Anybody got an ambidextrous charging handle they can recommend? Ideally one I can pickup easily, Blackrifles are out of stock at the moment.

Cheers