Has anybody used Med Cert?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

Re: Has anybody used Med Cert?

#11 Post by Lever357 »

If you are in BASC, they have also have a panel of doctors who will do the medical questionnaire within a short space of time
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Nickharvey888
Home club or Range: Gally Hill

#12 Post by Nickharvey888 »

I was going to be charged £80 by the local practice but went down the MedCert route with NSRA discount. The only thing was the 6 weeks it took to turn round. With the way the online form (may it be cast into the darkness and never seen again) was set up, I couldn’t even start the process until the form was returned. It took a couple of chase up calls to explain the urgency and even then, my renewal wasn’t submitted until about three weeks before it expired. Unfortunately, and not unexpectedly, the replacement hasn’t arrived and I’m lucky I didn’t have to lodge them with a dealer since I’ve got quite a few. One place I was in over the weekend was charging £2.50 per week per firearm. That’d be over £60 in my case!
Fenix1

#13 Post by Fenix1 »

Kent Police told me to submit online with a scanned letter saying waiting for medical cert. They then issued me with an 8 week extension to my current FAC + SGC. Doctors did my medical info in about 4 weeks. I had other issues going on in the background. Did find Kent Police to be excellent and helpful, only issue I had was with submitting info using the online contact form, had to use email to get a response. Looks like some of the info I submitted the other week about moving shotguns and FAC off ticket was lost in the system, sorted after an email and phone call.

Regards

Jon