Really bad for russian armour in Ukraine

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

Re: Really bad for russian armour in Ukraine

#11 Post by DanTheMan »

They have at least (or had) 3,615 NLAW, 1,200 Javelin, 5,000 Bofors AT-4, 1,000 Panzerfaust 3 and about 4,500 M72 LAW so that's going to create a lot of scrap Russian metal
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#12 Post by 20series »

DanTheMan wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:14 am They have at least (or had) 3,615 NLAW, 1,200 Javelin, 5,000 Bofors AT-4, 1,000 Panzerfaust 3 and about 4,500 M72 LAW so that's going to create a lot of scrap Russian metal
Well that lot should keep old Ivans head down for a while teanews

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
RDC

#13 Post by RDC »

DaveB wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:22 pm Although I do not think the Russians are using T34's, I do notice a lot of older armour in reports coming from the Ukraine. I have seen a lot of T72s and the like. I suspect the Russians are sacrificing old armour to draw out and exhaust Ukrainian supplies of modern anti-armour weapons. My guess is that when they think supplies of Javelin and the like are exhausted, they will release their more modern armour, hoping the Ukrainians will have nothing but small, hand-help systems like RPG7 and M72s, to fight them with. These will be largely ineffective against a T90 for example. It's the sort of pragmatic thinking you expect from a Russian. If I am right, then the solution, of course, is that the West keeps supplying the Ukrainians with modern anti-armour weapons.
I keep seeing this comment, but I'm not so sure I believe it. It's the same with the air asset losses. People point to older jet losses and ignore that more modern airframes have been blotted out of the sky and lost.

T-90s and modern variants of the T-72 are being fielded by Russia and are being lost. Even the T-80 they are deploying isn't obsolete like people are claiming.

This is a good resource that is tallying Russian armoured losses in Ukraine and is only showing those they can document with photographic evidence. Each has the photo there on the list to show it's a different vehicle and take away a lot of the propaganda that repeatedly shows the same vehicles taken out and claimed to be fresh losses.

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/a ... t.html?m=1
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#14 Post by Airbrush »

All very sobering, my lads a Bulldog driver in an armoured engineer squadron & they're ancient bits of kit. Still they’d probably not get near any action as they’re always breaking down apparently. 8-)
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#15 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Same for the Russian Ts Then the farmers come along and toe them away.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#16 Post by GeeRam »

Mauserbill wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:49 pm Hello
Same for the Russian Ts Then the farmers come along and toe them away.
There was another video I saw the other day, which showed a car repair workshop that had designed and was machining up stock conversion kits for all the Russian HMG's that they have been removing from knocked out/abandoned Russian tanks and APC's, so they can be re-used as ground weapons by Ukraine troops. The car repair shop was mostly staffed by ex-soldiers so they knew what was needed and they have have designed what looked adapted AKM timber stocks to fit the vehicle HMG's.
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#17 Post by DanTheMan »

Just seen footage of Russian troops equipped with Nagant 1891's

RDC

#18 Post by RDC »

DanTheMan wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:09 am Just seen footage of Russian troops equipped with Nagant 1891's

I'm fairly confident those will be DPR or LPR reservists called up at the start.