Signs of the time?

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

Signs of the time?

#1 Post by Mattnall »

Is it just us or do many dealers get these crazy calls?
I'm not just talking about the usual time-wasters and walts that must call every dealer all but some real doozies.
Recently, with everything going on in the east, we've been getting enquiries for "do you sell ammo, the size to fit an AK47" and "body armour but must be level4", then asking how they go about exporting it or can they just take it out of the country. I've had several of both sorts today and many over the last week.
But more disturbingly several people wanting to do some shooting experiences who then go on to say they are thinking of going out to Ukraine and haven't fired a rifle before.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Signs of the time?

#2 Post by dromia »

No its not the times.

The human race has always been shite.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Polchraine

#3 Post by Polchraine »

I feel that Border Force may be turing a blind eye to some exports ...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#4 Post by Airbrush »

Ker ching. shakeshout
MistAgain

#5 Post by MistAgain »

Polchraine wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:44 pm I feel that Border Force may be turing a blind eye to some exports ...
Border Farce , a bunch of slightly useful idiots who think triggers and hammers are Section 5 .
Mattnall

#6 Post by Mattnall »

MistAgain wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:53 am Border Farce , a bunch of slightly useful idiots who think triggers and hammers are Section 5 .
Had that with customs who thought M4 handguards were S5 as they would make a UK-legal AR full-auto and they could fit on a S5 weapon. Took FSS about a minute to realise it wouldn't and another month and an official complaint for the police to return the seized items.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
MistAgain

#7 Post by MistAgain »

Mattnall wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:06 am
MistAgain wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:53 am Border Farce , a bunch of slightly useful idiots who think triggers and hammers are Section 5 .
Had that with customs who thought M4 handguards were S5 as they would make a UK-legal AR full-auto and they could fit on a S5 weapon. Took FSS about a minute to realise it wouldn't and another month and an official complaint for the police to return the seized items.
Border Farce seized a batch of long barrel revolvers earlier this month .

Their claim is that the LBR's are "any goods are imported, landed or unloaded contrary to any prohibition or restriction for the time being in force with respect thereto under or by virtue of any enactment.

It could take a couple of Court cases and maybe 18 months before they will be returned . And thats if Border Farce cooperate .
Mattnall

#8 Post by Mattnall »

MistAgain wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:47 pm Border Farce seized a batch of long barrel revolvers earlier this month .
Their claim is that the LBR's are "any goods are imported, landed or unloaded contrary to any prohibition or restriction for the time being in force with respect thereto under or by virtue of any enactment.
It could take a couple of Court cases and maybe 18 months before they will be returned . And thats if Border Farce cooperate .
Hope this all gets sorted quickly.

What I found interesting in my case was Border Force persuaded the police to get a search warrant and as soon as it was clear they had made a mistake and it was all BS Border Force upped and left, leaving the CID to try and make something of the issue or look silly. They chose the latter.
Well, after many procedural errors and a successful complaint nothing came of it at my end and everything was returned. Took about 6-8 weeks.

Sim G
Past Supporter

#9 Post by Sim G »

My role sees me interact with Border Force regularly. There are some outstanding individual officers but also some utter baffoons. But, as an organisation, Theresa May when Home Secretary was on a very rare occasion right when she stated the “organisation is not fit for purpose”…
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!