Poor condition Mosin Nagant

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Asgard
Home club or Range: Valley Arms gun club, Ruthin Rifle club, 3 Stags shooting society

Poor condition Mosin Nagant

#1 Post by Asgard »

I am looking for a Mosin with rusty barrel, non shooter... For a project regarding the receiver.
If you know of any, please pm me
Bogdan
The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.
Niccola Machiavelli
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

Re: Poor condition Mosin Nagant

#2 Post by DanTheMan »

Good luck in your search - they are out there. My first M38 was given to me by an RFD as it was not shootable, the barrel was solid with rust. I took a hammer and a steel rod and after a battering we saw daylight, then more hammering with a cleaning brush and finally we pulled the trigger at arms length and hey presto there was still some rifling. Barn door accuracy from corrosive ammo and no cleaning means you are quite likely to find what you seek :)
Asgard
Home club or Range: Valley Arms gun club, Ruthin Rifle club, 3 Stags shooting society

Re: Poor condition Mosin Nagant

#3 Post by Asgard »

Thank you . I keep looking, haven't found any yet.
The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.
Niccola Machiavelli