An attack on fishing ...

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Polchraine

An attack on fishing ...

#1 Post by Polchraine »

Have a read of: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... y-fishing/

Four security guards, police vetting, health and saftety courses, no knives or scissors ...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: An attack on fishing ...

#2 Post by bradaz11 »

no knives or scissors, but the hooks are presumably ok?

what utter tosh. got to wonder why they need 4 security guards because they are on the pier, yet the pier doesn't need them when they are not on it....
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

What purpose do the security guards supposedly have? 5mith Genuinely curious! any????
DVC
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by 1066 »

It only needs a cabal of zealots to worm their way into a position of influence and the silent majority seem powerless to oppose them. I think this will be nothing more than 3-4 ultra-woke people on the
council who are anti-fishing (animal sentience supporters) and see this as a way to further their cause without openly showing their hand.

Unless there is soon some sort of meaningful push back to counteract this kind covert activism it will only accelerate.

These zealots infiltrate at every level, they've taken over our charities RNLI, RSPB, RSPCA etc. Our whole education system, all aspects of the media, traffic management, local government at all levels etc.

You now need a licence and pass a test to fly a model aeroplane, how long will it be before you need to be a "competent person" with the correct paperwork to buy a mouse trap or fly a kite with your grandkids?

In the meantime - it would seem the government has neither the will or ability to control our borders, pretend that idiots are not using electric scooters illegally, quite happy to turn a blind eye to grooming gangs and think the public are duped when the justice system sentences some thug to two years for a gangland stabbing and they are out in a matter of months.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#5 Post by Pete »

"Oh brave new world that has such people in it..."

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
tonyshooter
Home club or Range: Warmsworth nr Doncaster

#6 Post by tonyshooter »

I am secretary of a fishing club and, unfortunately, our H & S man would love every member to be H & S trained and competent.

His standpoint has more to do with the " Tiger Claims mentality " me thinks !
Vossie
Home club or Range: Bisley

#7 Post by Vossie »

H&S told me off for not attaching a risk assessment and safe system of work to an accident report, where someone stepped off a kerb and fell because they were not looking where they were going.
Let's just say I am in trouble for pointing out I did not know there was one for stupidity.

Having read this thread I have introduced H&S into my fishing club.
"Carry on, stupidity is punishable by the purchase of beer to all other members".
Christel
Site Admin

#8 Post by Christel »

We had exactly the same at our local boat club, eventually the idjits were voted out and things got back to normal. What a circus...