NRA Regional RSO and RCO training courses

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

NRA Regional RSO and RCO training courses

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

Dear All
Following on from the success of the two current RSO and RCO courses being held in Middlesbrough, the NRA is now announcing some public courses which can be booked on the NRA training web portal. Please see info below.
Cheers
Guy Trembath | NRA General Council - Northern Regional Member
Hi Guy,

The next dates, and last of 2021, at the Middlesbrough shooting club are as follows;

RSO: 4th - 5th December 2021
RCO: 11th December 2021

More dates will be arranged in the new year.

Bookings for these December dates will open on the following page https://online.nra.org.uk/search?q=north+east at 0800 this Monday 15th. It will be first come, first served and everyone should book through the online site. If they do not have an account, they will need to create one to book.

The booking pages are not currently showing on the above link as the pages have not been published yet. The pages will be published tomorrow to view, but bookings will open on Monday at 0800am.

Please could you send the word out to the Clubs in your region so they are aware.

Any questions, please ask.

Thanks,

Kind Regards

Kelly King
Training Coordinator
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: NRA Regional RSO and RCO training courses

#2 Post by bradaz11 »

hope you guys are getting a nice cut for providing the venue
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Alpha1

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

The NRA and the Club have come to an agreement over costing. The Club is now a NRA Centre of excellence. RSO and RCO training will be a regular thing in the North East now for the first time certainly in my life time.Its about time to. Hope fully as time goes on more of the training normally done at Bisley will come to the North East. I have another two of my Guys that are going to take advantage of the RSO and RCO training. If they pass it means 50% of my members are RSO and RCO trained.
If you live within driving distance of Middlesbrough and are interested check out the NRA web site on Monday and book your self a place. The pie shop over the road is worth the visit in it self and the cafe next door to it does a cracking bacon butty. And you never know you might even get to meet me in person.(Don.t let that put you off)
Alpha1

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

These courses are all run in the North East in Middlesbrough. Cleveland.

Sent: 17 December 2021 16:34

Subject: 2022 North East course dates.

Hi
Please see below the 2022 RSO/ RCO and Club instructor course dates for the new year.

RSO

29 – 30 Jan

19 – 20 Mar

RCO

13 Feb

02 Apr

Club Instructor

19 – 20 Feb

The booking pages for all of these dates are now live on the website, so please spread the word to all the Clubs in the region.

Please forward the following link to Clubs where they can choose their preferred dates and book on: https://online.nra.org.uk/search?q=north+east

Kind Regards
Kelly King

NRA Training Coordinator
DaveT

#5 Post by DaveT »

Any similar plans for other regions?
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

Not that I am aware of. If you are a member of a Club you can ask your Secretary to contact the NRA with a view to organizing one providing you have a suitable venue.
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#7 Post by mag41uk »

There are already courses in other areas. Find a range and a group of people and message Kelly or David Camp at the NRA
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

mag41uk wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:06 pm There are already courses in other areas. Find a range and a group of people and message Kelly or David Camp at the NRA
Only if you have suitable venue and your club secretary has organised a training course through Kelly.

As far as I am aware our Club is the only Club in the North East of England that now holds regular training courses organised by the Club and the NRA and advertised on the NRA web site. All of our courses can be booked on the NRA website.
There are local trainers available across the UK but only if the Club organises the training with the NRA.
The two trainers who ran our original RSO(Range safety officer) and RCO(Range conducting officer) were so impressed with the Club facilities they applied to join. So the club has two NRA qualified trainers as probationary members and they will be running all of our training courses as booked through the NRA.
The club as been nominated as a NRA centre of excellence. Apparently the club has over 270 members.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#9 Post by bradaz11 »

Alpha1 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:39 am So the club has two NRA qualified trainers as probationary members and they will be running all of our training courses as booked through the NRA..
Why only as probationary members? Why not make them full members?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Alpha1

#10 Post by Alpha1 »

bradaz11 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:39 pm
Alpha1 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:39 am So the club has two NRA qualified trainers as probationary members and they will be running all of our training courses as booked through the NRA..
Why only as probationary members? Why not make them full members?

The club has a robust probationary training program every new member has to complete regardless of past experience. It also creates a paper trail for the Clubs records. I had to do the same when I joined even though I am a Club Secretary of another Club a firearm certificate holder a qualified Range conducting Officer and hold a Safe shooters card issued by my other Club.